WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LAUNCH THE 03 COBRA????

03BLKCOBRA

Established Member
I have a 03 coupe with off road H pipe new air filter and 2.80 pullley and i cant break into the 12s The car is a mid to low 12 second car but i am not a 12 second driver . I tryed launching low RPM high RPM eazy clutch and poping the clutch . I cant spend a tire on the street but on the track i spend my butt off all through first my best time so far 13.01 112 that sucks for this car if anyone can help with some tips please let me here them .....

Thanks

The power is there I just cant control the power..
:shrug:

f4sfed

Established Member
I'd like to know too please! The time in my sig is nice and easy off the line (like starting from a stop light). I KNOW this car is capable of mid-12's. But how do get it there without having to buy a new clutch and synchro's? :)

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Guys!!! Did you not read 5.0 magazine??!! You guy's cars are high 11 second capable!! 5.0 got the 03 with just tires and a lightning pulley to run the 1/4 at 11.68. All you guys need to do is invest in some ET streets and launch at 4000rpms by pretty much dumping the clutch. You will get your 11's in no time!

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by Rwick7
4S fed - I'll drive it for you Wednesday night at gateway. :)

:lol: I'm havin' a hard time deciding if you'd drive my car harder, or gentler than your own. :)

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
Guys!!! Did you not read 5.0 magazine??!! You guy's cars are high 11 second capable!! 5.0 got the 03 with just tires and a lightning pulley to run the 1/4 at 11.68. All you guys need to do is invest in some ET streets and launch at 4000rpms by pretty much dumping the clutch. You will get your 11's in no time!

A 4000rpm dump? Yea, I think I'll pass on that. :chicken: I think I'll let them just tell me what the car is capable of, and leave it at that. :)

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Originally posted by f4sfed

A 4000rpm dump? Yea, I think I'll pass on that. :chicken: I think I'll let them just tell me what the car is capable of, and leave it at that. :)

ya thats what I am doing :D

03DOHC

Established Member
Practice. Keep trying different things. Your track prep may not be as good as someone elses. Get some BFG DR's or Nitto's.

Users who are viewing this thread