what is the status on mods/warranty?

absolom

Established Member
which mods are definite warranty killers?

and which ones are ok, and aren't some specific mods with frpp parts still warrantied?

Last edited:

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Headers, exhaust, gears, intakes, throttle bodies, a tune that allows the cars to run within Ford's factory parameters, and basic suspension mods are not a problem. This came from Andy Mohr's service manager and Pearson Ford's service manager. Keep in mind this was with Ford installing the parts.

Pearson Ford is installing all the stuff I have bought. The service manager seems pretty cool about mods. He said that if the non FRPP installed part causes some sort of damage and it is directly related to the failure, the warranty covering that part and any other related damage is not covered. If the failure is not directly related to the failure, no warranty issues.

absolom

Established Member
Headers, exhaust, gears, intakes, throttle bodies, a tune that allows the cars to run within Ford's factory parameters, and basic suspension mods are not a problem. This came from Andy Mohr's service manager and Pearson Ford's service manager. Keep in mind this was with Ford installing the parts.

Pearson Ford is installing all the stuff I have bought. The service manager seems pretty cool about mods. He said that if the non FRPP installed part causes some sort of damage and it is directly related to the failure, the warranty covering that part and any other related damage is not covered. If the failure is not directly related to the failure, no warranty issues.

Wow thats actually pretty good

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
My service manager here is pretty lenient. Any FRPP installed by them is okay and if FRPP isn't available then using a "premium brand" should be okay. Presented all the amsoil info to him and he said that running 10-40 or even 10-30 with the 170* thermostat wod be fine

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Another warranty thread.

You gotta pay to play.

Talk with your service manager directly.

gkviper192

Established Member
I understand some service managers are understanding and will take care of most issues, but when you blow a motor, isn't it fords decision whether or not to warranty it ?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I understand some service managers are understanding and will take care of most issues, but when you blow a motor, isn't it fords decision whether or not to warranty it ?

That is correct.

Most service managers will look past the mods to do warranty work and or general maintenance, they won't just void your warranty because they see an intake and exhaust or what have you. For instance- your power steering pump goes, but you have an intake, tune, and exhaust. Well, it would be hard to connect the two- they get paid on doing warranty work- not voiding warranties. But if you had a bunch of work done, and popped the motor- it's probably out of the service managers hands at that point, and being an auto enthusiast, you should understand that.

This is why I said to talk to your service manager- to see what's acceptable

Users who are viewing this thread