What is wrong with my car???

vickerw

Established Member
O.k. I cant figure out what in the hell is wrong with my car, so maybe somebody can help. When in boost at higher RPMs when I shift from 2nd to
3rd there is a hesitation when I let off the clutch & then it jerks & goes. Does the same thing from 3rd to 4th. Doesnt do it while shifting at lower RPMS or normal driving shifting. But when I am driving at a steady speed of lets say 40mph, you can feel just a little hesitation in the car but the RPMS never drop any, it always stays steady.

The clutch seems to be o.k. & shifting fine. I put it in a higher gear 5th
& 6th, hit the gas & my mph come up with the rpm's so it doesnt seem to be slipping. I have checked all of my vacuum lines & everything seems to be fine so I dont have a freakin clue. Any info. or help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Stieg Stage IV, 2.93 upper, 2# lower. My boost bypass & 02 sensors were taken care of during my tune because I am running a MAC O/R Prochamber

vickerw

Established Member
search 'hesitation between shifts' and read up, my friend. this is a very, very common problem. many people say you can get rid of it in your tune, but i was unable to do so. removing the PPRV in my fuel tank was the only thing that worked. here's a thread to read:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427602&highlight=hesitation+shifts

Hey I really appreciate your help man! This is probably my problem then. I havent heard about this, but I guess you learn something new everyday. Should I get with my tuner first or just do the PPRV delete? So there is a kit they sell that has everything I need for the delete? Thanks & sorry for the double post. These popups are killing me!

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Get the pprv kit and kenne bell frps disc. My hesitation is long gone.

vickerw

Established Member
Thanks for all of ya'lls help, I appreciate it very much cause this hesitation is driving me crazy! I am about to put a Kenne Bell on, so I might just do the Ford GT pumps now instead of the BAP, since I will have the tank dropped doing the PPRV delete.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
here's the threads you need. scroll down to the few threads under 'deleting the PPRV'. one of the threads has the part #'s for everything you need--you can get the hoses/clamps/'y' connector from NAPA. or lethal sells a kit for this. just make sure you get the FRPS disc from kenne bell--good luck calling them, i don't think you can order the disc off the website.

i'd skip going to your tuner, they will probably not be able to help you.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343829

Users who are viewing this thread