What is wrong with Sync?

1stShelby

Established Member
So I connect my iPhone to Sync so I can listen to my tunes, on comes The Scream with some serious blistering rock and guess what Sync displays on the screen? "Urban," with a couple of Hip-Hop chicks in the icon. Not that there is anything wrong with "Urban", but you know, there is. What is really weird is if you look at the details for the songs it comes up as Rock. Any idea what is going on?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Not that there is anything wrong with "Urban", but you know, there is. ...

What is that supposed to mean?? And it's not Sync, it's your iPhone. The iPhone is not an infallible device, you know.

1stShelby

Established Member
What is that supposed to mean?? And it's not Sync, it's your iPhone. The iPhone is not an infallible device, you know.
Actually it is Sync , sort of. Turns out the music recognition part of Sync 3 is powered by Gracenote and it looks like they just don't have the album in question in their database. Submitted the album info to them and we will see if that fixes the problem.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have Gracenote in all of my vehicles, and it is a complete crap shoot. It hardly ever matches.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Another reason I'm happy I don't have a tech pack. That would bother the shit out of me

Users who are viewing this thread