What is your career?

CarolinaL

Indifferent SVT Poster
Established Member
I work for BMWMC as a Quality Technician at the BMW plant in SC.

00QckSlvrLight

As Fast As Lightning!
Established Member
GM2 (Gunner's Mate) in the Navy, been in for a little over 3 years and have gone on 3 deployments.... #4 coming this summer......
J

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Yes it is Stan. Have owned a restaurant with my pop for the past 6+ years. Also have a degree in Business Administration.
Long hours, but pay is great and supports THE hobby... :)

RUNVS?

Established Member
30 years with Southwestern Bell/SBC/AT&T.... the last eight as a senior project manager on the SE Texas VP's staff. Currently looking at an area manager's position and one of those 6-digit salaries. :burnout:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Well i used to be a Shop Supervisor for a HazMat Transportation Fleet (aka turning wrenches) Learned alot doing that for 5 years. Easier than working on cars but everything is 10 times heavier. Now i am a HazMat Transportation Specialest ( truck driver :coolman: ) for Cumberland Farms/ Gulf Oil

203Cree

Established Member
assasyn said:
Here is what I have learned so far.

Armed Services + students + fabrication jobs + jobs that involve contstruction related equipment + LEO's = Lightning owners? For the most part at least.

You forgot Engineers. Basically tho, you got it. Almost cover most walks in life, doesn't it?

nates03L said:
Hardwood Floor Installer

Oh boy. Been there, fock that. CFI before I went to Iraq. Did carpet, tile and laminents (VCT, Vinyl, wood). Hard on the body. Get out while you're young if you can. :)

Last edited:

assasyn

Established Member
203Cree said:
You forgot Engineers. Basically tho, you got it. Almost cover most walks in life, doesn't it?

I kinda think the opposite. It seems like the majority of our owners are secluded to a few industries. Yeah, I did forget engineers. No bankers or scientists or doctors. No teachers or actors. See what I mean? :shrug:

PitchBlackL

modding..I have a dream
Established Member
I manage a privately owned restaurant called Babe's Chicken Dinner House In Roanoke, Texas which is between Dallas and Ft. Worth about 3 miles from Texas Motor Speedway. The restaurant is one of the most talked about and award winning in Texas. We have been on the Food Network twice and Southern Living Magizine voted us best fried chicken in the country. Love the place but the hours suck and the pay is low.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Umm not quite a doctor but, the dentist that flew up north from Fl and bought Matts 10 sec JDM truck lol.. Stan
Arnt Dedtists Doctors? Either way, I bet you make just as much as someone with the tittle. btw, how's that beast?

venomous said:
I put in for Embassy Duty and they gave me Recruiting Duty....been on the streets for a year now. Can't wait to get back to flying though. Be prepared for LONG hrs.....I went 73 days w/out a day off last fall. 7am to 10 pm m-f sat 9-7 sun 12-8. Life? what life? good luck mang...this job literally put me in the nut house
Don't you just hate that shit? lol You would think they would put you ware you want to be, but oh well. I'm well perpared for the long hours. 3 tours to Iraq, 1 tour in Turkey, 1 to Saudi, 1 to Japan, a few trips to Afgan and Korea, working 12 on 12 off for 6-9months at a time, being back in the states is like being on vacation. My wife is looking forward to the fact that for teh next 3 years, I'll at least be comeing home everynight, not going over seas for months at a time.

Last edited:

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
Im an electrian by trade , work as one for cooper tires. worked at parker hanninfan makin air conditioner parts as an operator and maintenance man there while i got my electrical degree

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Operations in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. The "North Slope" as some may call it. Pretty much as far north as you can go in Alaska. And yes its cold in the winters LOL.......

203Cree

Established Member
assasyn said:
I kinda think the opposite. It seems like the majority of our owners are secluded to a few industries. Yeah, I did forget engineers. No bankers or scientists or doctors. No teachers or actors. See what I mean? :shrug:

Yes I do now that you point it out, lol. :beer:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
HalfTime said:
Don't you just hate that shit? lol You would think they would put you ware you want to be, but oh well. I'm well perpared for the long hours. 3 tours to Iraq, 1 tour in Turkey, 1 to Saudi, 1 to Japan, a few trips to Afgan and Korea, working 12 on 12 off for 6-9months at a time, being back in the states is like being on vacation. My wife is looking forward to the fact that for teh next 3 years, I'll at least be comeing home everynight, not going over seas for months at a time.
Maybe you should put in for recruting and see what happens ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread