What Kind of Bike does Knievel use?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
What modern day Harley can you jumps school busses with? Don't say Buell, they would explode on impact.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
As a kid I never missed one of Evil's jumps. The best was the canyon jump, live on TV, in the rocket sled with the colored smoke that blew out the tail. That was in the 70's, I think 73, I could be wrong.

jpbedard

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Evel rode Harleys for his jumps. His pussy ass "Wanna be Evil" son Robby rides jap bikes.

I was referring to Robby...What size and what brand?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
As a kid I never missed one of Evil's jumps. The best was the canyon jump, live on TV, in the rocket sled with the colored smoke that blew out the tail. That was in the 70's, I think 73, I could be wrong.
He missed quite a few.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
robbie rides a honda CR-500 like me and trigger gumm. trigger just set the new world record last weekend for the longest jump ever made on a motorcycle. trigger jumped his CR-500 > 277.5 feet. go to www.crusty.com to see the vid it is awesome (somebody please post it here). evel knievels best was 176 feet on a harley XR-750 that weighed 3 times as much as a CR-500 and had half the suspension travel. robbies furthest distance is 226 feet across the grand canyon. robbies weight is somewhat of a handicap. for instance robbies takeoff speed was 105 mph whereas triggers was 87 mph. it all depends on the jump setup, altitude, weather, weight, etc. my best is a measly 80 feet. but i have jumped my sandrail 45 feet in the sand dunes. the world record for a quad is 149 feet.

:beer:

Last edited:

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
he rides a CR 500. i believe his newest bike is a 2001 model. As far as i know the motor's are stock but he does use Pro-Action Suspension on all of his bikes.
I do have some personal experience with robbie
( http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180808 )
but i got my wisdom teeth out yesterday so i'm not trying anything too complicated, so copy and paste the link if it dosn't work.
packing boy at Pro-Action
Bettner

20-COBRA-03

Banned
After watching a show on him, it surely is a CR 250, I know my 250's and can spot their differences from a mile away.

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
hey freddyfastslone did you see the video where Dan Pastor over jumps a huge jump and totally gets owned? he also uses Pro-Action Suspension and we just shipped out two sets last week.
Dan Pastor
Biggest crash: North of Santa Barbara in October 2004. Hit a jump in 4th gear instead of 5th and over jumped by a long way. The front wheel buckled, forks went into the ground, my face hit the handlebars. I broke most of my top row of teeth, broke my back in two places, broke pelvis in two places, broke 3 or so ribs, bruised my lung and had stitches above my top lip.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
jpbedard said:
How much HP does a cr 500 make vas a CR 125?
Night and Day. If you're stepping off of a CR125, don't jump to a 500 thinking it will be just as easy to ride.

On the bright side, at least the CR500 is not like a YZ490.

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
wait a minute. i thought seth holds the world record for longest jump on a bike
ridersseth5.jpg

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
Bass said:
wait a minute. i thought seth holds the world record for longest jump on a bike
ridersseth5.jpg

boy do i remember that one. didn't look that bad until you saw his face pulled down from normal....

Users who are viewing this thread