what kind of fish is this?

03 black gt

Established Member
I caught this in the Oconee River in Athens, GA this past weekend. It was 2 ft long and weighed 9 lbs. It also had sharp teeth and I cannot for the life of me figure out what kind it is? Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

mime-attachment1.jpg

mime-attachment3.jpg

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
holy shit thats wierd is it a SNAKEHEAD?? i saw a show on natgeo about snakehead infestation (illegal releases) in some east coast rivers and that ****ing thing looks like that!

dude seriously might be one so you should call your local fish and game if so

btecdude

Established Member
Not sure if its a snakehead. Their are only a few snakeheads that get over a couple of feet and the most common one is the redline which actually looks blue and white when it gets big and the other ones are really rare but who knows. On youtube theres a guy catching cobra snakeheads (which is more of a brownish color) in Florida in some river. Does it have whiskers?

Last edited:

wma8706

Established Member
that is a snakehead. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keRNS-PuaDU&feature=related"]YouTube - Snakehead destroys mouse[/ame]

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
No it is not. I own a Channa Marulius and the Bowfin is similar but if you study them they're VERY different to a trained eye.

its kind of hard to study blury pictures, so at first it looked like a snakehead because i know someone who owns one :lol1:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread