what kind of fish is this?

wma8706

Established Member
No it is not. I own a Channa Marulius and the Bowfin is similar but if you study them they're VERY different to a trained eye.

Yeah.... your right. I stand corrected! Just so much hype about these asian snakeheads taking over the U.S. I believe National Geographic posted a special about these fish. Fishzilla snakehead [ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/81744/hooked-fishzilla-snakehead-invasion"]Hulu - Hooked: Fishzilla: Snakehead Invasion - Watch the full episode now.@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/wYJB0Qn5_XrFlDW18z0DhQ@@AMEPARAM@@wYJB0Qn5_XrFlDW18z0DhQ[/ame]

moarboost

Banned
Yeah.... your right. I stand corrected! Just so much hype about these asian snakeheads taking over the U.S. I believe National Geographic posted a special about these fish. Fishzilla snakehead Hulu - Hooked: Fishzilla: Snakehead Invasion - Watch the full episode now.

Don't believe the hype, nature has an uncanny ability to counter-balance any invasive species. Look at the study done by VA that shows fish populations have continually grown after SH being found.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Don't believe the hype, nature has an uncanny ability to counter-balance any invasive species. Look at the study done by VA that shows fish populations have continually grown after SH being found.

same thing witn Red bellied Piranhas, everyone thinks their dangerous, i have plenty of them and stick my hand in the tank all the time, ive had them for about 6 years and they dont even bother me. I do have some rare species though that will chase your hand thru the glass which is funny :lol1:

IShb3w

Established Member
right... if you were joking you would of said something that doesnt look similar to it. Just admit you didnt know :shrug:

lol, it looks SIMILAR to it yes, but i put extra !'s and "omg" which i thought, made it seem obvious that i was kidding.

wma8706

Established Member

you must have a degree in Ichthyology...:beer:

wma8706

Established Member
lmao +1. Def looks like a brown recluse..

it can happen...lol!...
spiderdining.jpg

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Wow snakeheads in ga.? Saw it on tv natgeo last night. There's northern and giant species here now. Fkrs are bad azz like a cuda or a northern pike except they can breed 5 times a yr... Kill the bastards... And whoever said non native species is good should consider the dutch elm disease or now ash borers. Or jap beetles. They just stripped my dads garden in minutes, he sprayed them, they were 2 inches deep. No garden now, just skeleton plants.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Bowfin, we call them Mudfish down here in the Everglades. If you fish with live bait they are theives, I usally club them and toss them to the alligators.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
how do you even get a snakehead

i'd have to say the arowana guy was joking because my arowana i had looks nothing like that. on top of that the color of mine was white-ish/pink so im sure he was joking lol

Users who are viewing this thread