What kind of local drag racing events/series does your area have?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nothing in CT except for Lime Rock. We used to have a drag strip in Colchester, CT but that's been deserted for many years. I miss it. Closest decent track is up in Lebanon, NY.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Maryland International Raceway, Mason Dixon Raceway, 75-80 Dragway(closed now), Cecil County Raceway, Summit Point, Old Dominion Dragway, Capitol Dragway....everything from road racing events to drag racing events and all are under 2 hours away.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kevin, you are a blessed man. We should all be that fortunate. ;-)

Blackness03

Established Member
Thank god for living in North Carolina. I can think of 8 tracks within 1-2 hours and 2 of those within 45min. 3 of those are 1/4 mile and the others are 1/8th

X275, RVW, PDRA few of the main classes

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Kevin, you are a blessed man. We should all be that fortunate. ;-)

I love Maryland. Lots of great car culture. The farthest track that is still accessible would be Virginia International Raceway, which is 4 hours away. I used to try to hit as many events as possible but have dwindled in the past couple years. I plan on trying to hit as many this year as i can with the FiST.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank god for living in North Carolina. I can think of 8 tracks within 1-2 hours and 2 of those within 45min. 3 of those are 1/4 mile and the others are 1/8th

X275, RVW, PDRA few of the main classes

Are you near Zmax(sp?)? That place looks amazing with the 4 lanes.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
It's about 2 hours away but never been to a race there. They don't do many small races or TNTs. Seems they are only interested in large NHRA type stuff

That sucks, it would be cool to have 4 friends doing test and tune pulls.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
That sucks, it would be cool to have 4 friends doing test and tune pulls.

Zmax is great.....to look at. They care very little to none about the average Joe and running test n tunes. Even the times they do they half ass it and sure would never run all 4 lanes. Only time that has been done is the NHRA events and Pinks. I got a couple passes in 4 wide at Pinks and it was really weird. Shame such an awesome facility just sits most of the time.

But back to what Blackness03 said there are many many tracks in NC though.

From where I live southeast of Charlotte there are 3 1/4 mile tracks. Zmax-45m Rockingham 1h 5m Darlington 1h 5m

1/8 mile tracks.. Jefferson/Pageland 30m Mooresville 1h 5-10m Farmington 1h 45m Shadyside 1 hr 45m Union County,SC 1 hr 45m,etc,etc

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Englishtown is an NHRA track so I'm lucky enough to get any and every racing event as well as street car and bracket racing during the week and weekend

krazyazian

Established Member
I live 10 mins away from Southwestern International Dragway in Tucson, Az. It's nice during those long events to have a short drive home. I can mount the ET Streets, front runners, and remove the swaybar at home cause of the short drive. They have TNT quit a bit and this year their having the first ever Fun Ford Series coming in Oct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread