What LCAs Are Recommended?

Dominic Toretto

Established Member
My car is lowered on FRPP Springs and just posting here to get some further insight. I've got a 2012 GT A6. I'm going with either Whiteline or BMR products just not sure if I need adjustable or non adjustable LCAs. Thanks in advance!

-Alex

BMR Tech

Alex, my recommendation will be based on what you are looking for, from the installation of the component.

We offer (5) different styles of LCA for the S197 chassis, likely more of an offering than anyone else. There is very good reason for the amount of offerings, as each set of LCA has it's unique traits - pros and cons.

Is the car primarily DD? Are you more concerned with cornering, or drag strip performance? How acceptable to increased NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) are you?

Dominic Toretto

Established Member
Alex, my recommendation will be based on what you are looking for, from the installation of the component.

We offer (5) different styles of LCA for the S197 chassis, likely more of an offering than anyone else. There is very good reason for the amount of offerings, as each set of LCA has it's unique traits - pros and cons.

Is the car primarily DD? Are you more concerned with cornering, or drag strip performance? How acceptable to increased NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) are you?

Thanks for the quick response! My car is a daily driver first and foremost. I've just noticed that there is lots of advise to the effect of "you need LCAs now that your car is lowered." Truthfully I have not felt any increased NVH from lowering the car but, I have read that the stock LCAs are quite flimsy. So I would greatly appreciate a stronger component and any added performance benefits are of course welcomed. Also I had factory 235s on all corners and now have 285s rear and 255s front for tires.

-Alex

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Thanks for the quick response! My car is a daily driver first and foremost. I've just noticed that there is lots of advise to the effect of "you need LCAs now that your car is lowered." Truthfully I have not felt any increased NVH from lowering the car but, I have read that the stock LCAs are quite flimsy. So I would greatly appreciate a stronger component and any added performance benefits are of course welcomed. Also I had factory 235s on all corners and now have 285s rear and 255s front for tires.

-Alex

When lowered, it's not so much a "need" for lca's as it is for relocation brackets. Might as well do both. Listen to Kelly, give BMR a call then decide for yourself! Good luck!

86Fbody

Established Member
My vote would be for Whiteline as I have them on my car including the relo brackets. I would also check out BMR, I am very intrigued by their new UCA they are coming out with, really wish they would tease with some more pics, hint hint.

SICKSIXTYSEVEN

Established Member
I have the BMR Billet non adjustable lower control arms and there a real nice design (good looking too) I also have there lower control arm relocation brackets. When installing any suspension components of any brand make sure you follow all advised torque specs. I seen some posts of failures and 99% of the time its incorrect installation.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
any of the guys at bmr, whiteline, or upr have good stuff. I personally like an adjustable, just for fine tuning axle position.

we have all 3 brands

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
BMR...
I had Metco and they make a ton of noise. WELL, they transfer the noise from the drivetrain more through the delrin bushing. I swapped over to BMR and there is a noticeable difference.

Riptide

Established Member
UMI has a spherical joint with a delrin liner. The liner is adjustable and you can snug it up as it wears by using a spanner wrench.

Does BMR offer spherical joints with anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread