What made you buy a Mach instead of a Termi

99lightning_svt

Established Member
I think you guys are confused lol I have a 500hp gt that was cheaper than a 500hp cobra a 500hp mach that i built that i still have less invested in then a cobra. My reason for buying the mach over the cobra was that i planned on building the car anyways. So why spend 8gs more for a cobra at the time then buy a mach and have it built! So instead of haveing a bolt on cobra for 2Xk i have a BUILT Mach for 2Xk.

Only thing i envy about the cobras are the seats bc i liked the swade in my Lightning.

nh70744

Established Member
Automatic transmission for me. By the time I put an auto in a termi, I've blown a lot of money on a car. Plus I love the look of the Mach 1.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Lets see some pics!!!:beer:

Cobra guys of envy or my Mach ?
the Mach :D your Mach is badass :rockon:

oh and I decided on the Mach because I loved the sharper lines (especially with the 01 cobra bumper), also I understand that the cobra is a better all around platform but i'd enjoy seeing my car created lol and not to mention that most cobra owners swap blowers anyway lol so that extra cash added on to what the cobra already cost, would be more than a built Mach (just my opinion)... By the way love the Mach and the cobra, my brother has an 04 cobra and it is quite a beast :rockon:

Linthemup

Established Member
To each his own i guess . I see a whole lot of Cobra guys looking at my car with envy ! :lol:

Lets see some pics!!!:beer:[/QUOTE]

Here you go .

MostRecentPics091909020.jpg

MostRecentPics091909019.jpg

MostRecentPics091909001.jpg

MostRecentPics091909015.jpg

Between this and having 1000+ RWHP on hand i think i made the right choice .

Silver03Termi

Established Member
nice car. looks like you spent a TON of money. put it up for sale and see how much you get offered for it. id be interested to see the offers. bet its no where near what you put in it, in fact id be willing to bet its no where near what a terminator sells for. but considering it has 1000 hp, and there werent that many of them built, ill offer you 15k$
^^^^^another reason to buy a terminator.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Yea, I've personally seen and heard LineUmUp's Mach, It would TERMINATE most street cobras easily. His is still street legal too :CHEERS:

99lightning_svt

Established Member
nice car. looks like you spent a TON of money. put it up for sale and see how much you get offered for it. id be interested to see the offers. bet its no where near what you put in it, in fact id be willing to bet its no where near what a terminator sells for. but considering it has 1000 hp, and there weren't that many of them built, ill offer you 15k$
^^^^^another reason to buy a terminator.

Seriously... I mean SERIOUSLY are you really that butt hurt that got out run by a Mach 1. I know there are some ignorant people out there but wow!

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I love the look of the Mach1's a lot better then the cobras. Plus I knew I wasn't going to leave it stock and now that I am making over 750rwhp not too many cobra's stand a chance of beating me. ;)

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Either compare stock for stock, price for price or STFU. I'm waiting for the 10,000-15,000 90 Notch 5.0 build pushing 1000HP to come in now to compare more apples to oranges.
Like I said I own both and the Mach1 "TO ME" doesn't even compare. I love my Mach and she is beautiful and a freaking blast to drive! But the Cobra...is in another league. :bored:

Silver03Termi-Your making me look bad...STFU:nonono:

ttk53

Established Member
Lets see some pics!!!:beer:

Here you go .

MostRecentPics091909020.jpg

MostRecentPics091909019.jpg

MostRecentPics091909001.jpg

MostRecentPics091909015.jpg

Between this and having 1000+ RWHP on hand i think i made the right choice .[/QUOTE]

nothing left on your car is mach anyways. I would have got a V6 and built that.

Like I said bang for the buck terminator wins every time.

You have a nice car but its only faster cause it has more money in it. Like I said I could put your set up in a v6 body does that make the v6 better:beer:

Linthemup

Established Member

You have a nice car but its only faster cause it has more money in it. Like I said I could put your set up in a v6 body does that make the v6 better:beer:[/QUOTE]

A V6 isnt an Rcode . A V6 is a V6 no matter how you look at it . Well it does have some money in it and it is quite fast .

But honestly dude , as far as for the buck the terminator wins everytime . I feel your seriously wrong . I could borrow my neighbors unmolested Mach with under 300 RWHP and blow your doors off . Do you actually know how to drive that car ? :lol:

99lightning_svt

Established Member

You have a nice car but its only faster cause it has more money in it. Like I said I could put your set up in a v6 body does that make the v6 better:beer:

Um just gonna though this out there but i have never been beaten by a cobra! Even when all i had was bolt ons i beat numerous cobras at the track so i still dont see your logic.

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
A V6 isnt an Rcode . A V6 is a V6 no matter how you look at it . Well it does have some money in it and it is quite fast .

But honestly dude , as far as for the buck the terminator wins everytime . I feel your seriously wrong . I could borrow my neighbors unmolested Mach with under 300 RWHP and blow your doors off . Do you actually know how to drive that car ? :lol:

Hahahaha yea ok I drove the car with an exhaust and drop in filter to a 12.33 @ 115 blow my doors off in a stock mach haha. get off your high horse there is always someone faster. (oh I had owned the car for 3 days at this time)

got any track times in your car? or is it just a dyno queen?

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Either compare stock for stock, price for price or STFU. I'm waiting for the 10,000-15,000 90 Notch 5.0 build pushing 1000HP to come in now to compare more apples to oranges.
Like I said I own both and the Mach1 "TO ME" doesn't even compare. I love my Mach and she is beautiful and a freaking blast to drive! But the Cobra...is in another league. :bored:

Silver03Termi-Your making me look bad...STFU:nonono:
Ok how about this I paid 23k for my Mach1 brand new. I have about 4K into my turbo build and fuel system. $1k in suspension work, about $2k in motor work. $250 in 31 spline axles, Diff was free, stock gears, and lets just say $750 in misc. bs. So that is $8k worth of mods plus $23K for the car. $31K for the car and mods and having over 750rwhp. Still cheaper then a Cobra and a lot faster. :):poke::D:beer:

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Hahahaha yea ok I drove the car with an exhaust and drop in filter to a 12.33 @ 115 blow my doors off in a stock mach haha. get off your high horse there is always someone faster. (oh I had owned the car for 3 days at this time)

got any track times in your car? or is it just a dyno queen?

This is just off the top of my head so may be wrong but I believe he's in the 8's:shrug:... There's a few videos of him running it (please do correct me if I'm wrong)

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ok how about this I paid 23k for my Mach1 brand new. I have about 4K into my turbo build and fuel system. $1k in suspension work, about $2k in motor work. $250 in 31 spline axles, Diff was free, stock gears, and lets just say $750 in misc. bs. So that is $8k worth of mods plus $23K for the car. $31K for the car and mods and having over 750rwhp. Still cheaper then a Cobra and a lot faster. :):poke::D:beer:

How is it that your stock bottom end is holding up that much power? Sounds like money well spent...but a fast honda civic is still a honda civic.(exageration...of course) Just depends on what you own your car for. You could have bought a roller 5.0 and spent ALOT less money and been alot faster which goes back to apples and oranges. -Shane

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The Mach logic is giving me a head ache. You guys should have bought a Honda and just made it faster and then claim it's a superior car because it now runs faster times.

GTFO Phonies...:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread