What makes your L unique?

I'D WIN

Established Member
STOP quoting pics! If LL see's it, your going to get banned ... Moo-ha-ha-haaa!

SVTZEUS~

Looks like you need to drop that beotch now! Looks like 4x4.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Damn Zeus those are huge, and I thought I was pushing the limit with 22's.

You will love the Asanti 3 Piece rims, I have Symbolic which is there sister company. And your interior is sweet.

And the engine bay with the lightning going thru it, First class!!! That is sick looking and an increbile artistic talent was needed for that work.

CowlSS

King Mufasa Asshole
Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
+1 I really like those wheels. I love that clean look and man do they dwarf the stock rotors!

thanks. They weren't my first choice when looking, but I couldn't beat the price. And yes, a big brake kit is definitely on my to-do list. :D

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
LightningFast00 said:
Shaggy, those wheels are outstanding on your ride... They would probably be my choice if I had a black L... kudos

Thanks. But they do suck for the track. Now I need to find a set of stock rims or save up for some bogharts.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
black L

to MMShaggy, i have a black 04 lightning. i have got to say, you have one of the baddest trucks i have ever seen. i have panather 20's on mine. never thought the 22's would look good until i saw yours. makes me proud to own a black L.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Nothing too special about my Lightning, although I haven't seen anyone else with these wheels (Foose 20 X 9.5 Nitrous II Special Order) yet :) But when I get in my truck and drive it... I just luv the sound. Kinda'neat to have a low build number... #83 of 6381 built in 2001. Little old Mrs. C next door... the first time she heard it start up she was gardening in the back yard and she said she "thought is was thunder" I told her "close... it's a Ford Lightning"!

oldtimer-3.jpg
Lightning-012.jpg

Foose-001.jpg

As the upper RH pic shows... I ain't afraid to git'er durty either!!!:pepper:

Last edited:

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Not really special on the outside, just color matched grills, lowered 2 inches, and drag radials for the normal street tire.

However:
JLP motor with Stage III heads and Stage II cams, KB, converter, LT's, Locker...

It's the shocked look on the faces of the people who try to run it...the 11.60 below is the full weight street tune just like I drive it every day to work, just added slicks.

June_2_06 005_sm.jpg

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
I guess a lot of the things that make my 03L unique are the things that most people never see or notice. I did these mods myself ;-)

1. Mustang Bullitt fuel door painted body color and with custom electric lock (locks in conjuction with the door locks)

2. Custom lock on my Gaylord bed cover (same as the fuel door, locks when the doors lock)

These are probably the main 2 mods that are unique to my truck that are hidden for the most part, but very cool :coolman:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Truly unique is a tough one...

I've never seen anyone with the same tonno cover, the company that made them is long gone.

November06108.jpg

Alot of guys have painted grilles, Streetscene mirrors, and smooth steps now, so that's not as unique as it used to be...

November06102.jpg

Carbon fiber bling-

DSCF1908-copy.jpg

Maptech surround--

kenwood017.jpg

Haven't seen this setup much (older pic) - Mag/Hytec diff cover, ruslow bar with DblG bracket, Hellwig Sway bar,

DSCF1633-copy.jpg

Aluminum IC tank -

DSCF1728-copy.jpg

In the next couple months it will truly be a unique Lightning. Hood, secret grills & paint to come....

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Black Sleeper said:
What makes your L unique? My paint job, and my System! I havent seen anybody else with 4 10's in the cab(yet)! and the fact that I built and installed the system and did the paint work my self!
QUOTE]

How does that sound man? Can you breath when turned up? What kind of head unit do you have?

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
cobrkilrl said:
to MMShaggy, i have a black 04 lightning. i have got to say, you have one of the baddest trucks i have ever seen. i have panather 20's on mine. never thought the 22's would look good until i saw yours. makes me proud to own a black L.

thank you very very much.

Chris I love that lightning logo above your radio, real cool looking.

"It's been hit 3 times standing still."

Damn that does make your unique! (Sounds like you have the same luck as me)

and Clint your motor setup is pure sickness!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread