What makes your L unique?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
:dw:

Hmmm, whatchu got cookin? :D

I ordered some grills from someone, but I've read threads where people start a debate about them that I don't feel like starting. I'll be painting my hood and grills in a theme I posted about awhile back. I just hope to have everything at my painters before the snow flies and there is sand & salt on the roads. I'm ready to look different. I'm tired of being confused with 2 other Silver lightnings in the area.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
BC Lightning said:
Shaved antenna

IMG_0131.JPG

How is this done? That looks great!

CowlSS

King Mufasa Asshole
Established Member
NewKid said:
How is this done? That looks great!

pull out antenna, weld in a patch of metal to fill the hole, bodywork it and paint. It is on my to-do list since I don't listen to the radio much anymore.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
MMCustomworks said:
You mean like this?

haha, awesome!! Is that yours? Did you change the way the brackets by the cab mounted?? The way they want it done sucks. I have mine nut/bolted down on the front.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
Interior, wheels, brakes, stripe, suspension, etc etc ...... but my favorite is the mascots I made.....

689539.jpg

689541.jpg

and of course the "loose nut behind the wheel" LOL

689535.jpg

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
haha, awesome!! Is that yours? Did you change the way the brackets by the cab mounted??

Yes, and would love to see how you mounted yours with some pics. Mine is taking all the paint off the brackets.

No pics of the antenna down, just got it working again from being disconnected for months.

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Does your mascot have front running light, working tailights and wheels lights?
This is not my truck but a RC Lightning like yours, most thinks it's fullsize.

73693.jpg

CowlSS

King Mufasa Asshole
Established Member
MMCustomworks said:
Found one. Eventially we will properly weld in a french tube.

I like that, a friends shop frenched a billet antenna on a F150 they did and I thought it looked pretty sick. They leaned it back a bit so it matched the angle of the windshield. Unfortunately I never took pics of it. :(

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Mines actually done with the plastic base from the oem antenna base. Just sanded it down till it was thin then glues it to the fender. I installed a switch inbetween the 12v turn on lead so I can control how much the antenna goes up and down. Works great for me right now, but of course it will get changed.

CrazyCarlSVT

Established Member
Tazman1 said:
The fact that mine is #98 out of 4000. In the Second Gen series. I mean who has one below me. I sure haven't heard about it. Yet that is.
#55 in 1999 here.

I'd say the most unique thing about my Lightning is the wheels, I've never seen them on any vehicle let alone another Lightning. I also have black housing headlamps with projector highbeams, my cowl hood and tonneau cover aren't seen too often on other Lightnings, and I'm in the middle of changing my interior lighting to blue instead of green. I don't even have a picture of my tonneau cover, but it's a really low profile hard cover.

123399_Lightning_57-med.jpg

123399_Lightning_55-med.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread