what mods do you regret?

spinscan

Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
Steeda Tri-Ax can't stand it
I love my triax with MGW handle and CobraBob's gaskets. I would have got the MGW shifter if it had been available, but the triax is fine.

GREAT THREAD, should be a sticky.

Last edited:

AzDropTop

Established Member
J69gordon said:
Only mod I regret is the "wife" mod.... damn car would be fast if not for that mod...

Jayson

I don't care who you are, that's just plain funny! LOL NIce one. :thumbsup:

Hye

Established Member
bad ass thread. (well sux for the people who had to go through those bad mod. experiences, but everyone learns from it!!)

MightyMo

Established Member
hood

I regret purchasing a "Niche Performance Hood"

Fitment ended up being very bad!

I highly suggest avoiding their hoods. They're typically seen on Ebay, seems to be the only place Niche Performance can actually sell their hoods.

nugen

Established Member
Thanks for posting everyone, this is a great thread! The only mod I regret is installing my Pro 5.0 shifter. The handle keeps coming loose. No matter what I do, I have to keep going in and retightening the handle. I'm afraid that one day it's going to strip and then I'll be shifting with a vice grip until I can get the shifter rethreaded.

I went with JDM for all the rest of my mods and I couldn't be happier. It was expensive, but you get what you pay for. I like a freeflowing, but quiet exhaust. The cops don't need to hear me coming! The Magnaflow with catted H is perfect for me, and the long tubes sound great. The tune is good, and I'm not worried about blowing my car up at the track. If I lowered my car then I would be afraid of tearing the exhaust up on a speed bump or uneven pavement. It does hang pretty low.

I'm pondering my next mod right now. I'm torn between cams (stock blower) or a Whipple. Everyone seems to like the JDM cams. I know that the Whipple will make more power than swapping cams will, but I like it when I open the hood and people can't see the mods. Plus, the cams will give me some lope that the blower won't!

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
subscribing to this thread since I am mostly stock on my newer toy and looking for good mods not bad. awsome thread!

WDW MKR

Established Member
caveman6666 said:
Amazon CAI. Yanked it after a month.
Any reason in particular? Mine has worked great, though I plan on switching to a Powershot filter and maybe adding a JLT pipe.

BLK_03

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Any reason in particular? Mine has worked great, though I plan on switching to a Powershot filter and maybe adding a JLT pipe.

Me too... I've never heard anything bad about their fiilter...

03COBRAman

Established Member
Biggest regret is the strut tower brace: now I can't use the JLT because it won't fit with the strut tower brace.

Fluidyne heat exchanger: would rather have one that fills the whole opening

Brisk spark plugs: no problems with mine, but everyone elses experience scared the shiznit out of me so I took them out quick

Other than that I am happy with it all.

03yellow

Established Member
Your supposed to take the belt off first. :??: I took me 5mins to put it on and 2mins to take it off????

badboy said:
I don't like the Steeda 100mm idler. Too hard to get off if you ever need to remove it. Other than that, everything else is good.

I am worried about future mods, however. I am looking at porting the Eaton and a TB but I have heard lots of negatives on these. Any opinions?

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
nugen said:
I'm torn between cams (stock blower) or a Whipple.

Go with the Cams and the Whipple. Thats what I plan on doing. Already went with Whipple (AWESOME), waiting to do cams next.

Users who are viewing this thread