What mods to enable a GT comparable to a Boss

5OhPerformance

Established Member
I plan on putting the Boss Power Pack on my GT '12. that includes CAI, TUNER, & Boss Intake Manifold. My Dynomax Race Bullet Cat Back System should be here any day now. After that i may put the Catted X-pipe by lethal on there. Someone at the beginning of the thread made mention of the coilovers. whats up with that?

chuckstang

Established Member
It would be cheaper to just buy a Boss. You'll need different suspension, brake pads, more power, tires, etc.

I am honestly shocked that so many 5.0 owners are still in the dark regarding the differences vs a stock 5.0 to a Boss.

It would cost much, much more to duplicate the Boss and quite frankly, its not even possibly because there are many upgrades not yet available to the regular 5.0 crowd and not to mention the resale value on your 5.0 will be crap once modded.

For $40k for a Boss, you can not be beat. If I had an extra $10k when I bought my new Mustang, I know it would not have been spent in mod money but in a Mustang with a fully forged race motor, suspension, brakes, etc

ViciousJay

Established Member
I am honestly shocked that so many 5.0 owners are still in the dark regarding the differences vs a stock 5.0 to a Boss.

It would cost much, much more to duplicate the Boss and quite frankly, its not even possibly because there are many upgrades not yet available to the regular 5.0 crowd and not to mention the resale value on your 5.0 will be crap once modded.

For $40k for a Boss, you can not be beat. If I had an extra $10k when I bought my new Mustang, I know it would not have been spent in mod money but in a Mustang with a fully forged race motor, suspension, brakes, etc

BWAHAHHAHAHA... Gt's go for that price by me... The Boss's are in gt500 invoices or higher

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
shit around here in the northeast they are practically giving away new mustangs lol

Same goes for Michigan.

They already have 0% financing and rebates available on the 2012's, not including the discount plans. You'd be retarded to pay $40K for a GT, and I don't mean that the car isn't worth it lol.

DukeNukem1

Established Member
who pays the ADM?? I know I didn't :rolling:
Well I tried to find one in and around OHIO and I offered Sticker for 2 different ones,(Columbus and Dayton) and was laughed at. The Columbus dealer wanted 20k over and Dayton 10k over so I went to Cincy and bought a 5.0 brembo package 39000 sticker for 33000 and put a SLP loudmouth axleback on it and am very happy. I previously owned a 2003 terminator with SLP and KB extreme matrix brace and tracked it and loved that car. I probably wont track the 5.0 but I would have the BOSS, I just saw no reason to pay more than sticker, which is what I paid for my TERMI.:rollseyes

Loosescrews

Established Member
According to Cars and Autotrader the lots are filling up pretty quickly with new and used Boss. Ebay has not had a sale on one for quite some time. I've seen several used Boss with a higher sticker than a new Boss. :rollseyes Something tells me that come December/January that dealers will be thinking that it is time to deal. :beer:

kona12

Established Member
Id say suspension, longtubes and tune should be just as good. but the boss does have some unique options

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I drove my friends 2011 GT today, amazing car with just a tune, cai, and catback. It felt a little stronger than my Boss, but not a huge difference. The oem GT tires are dangerous with just 400/380 :dw:. The GT 5.0 has a lot of value for the price, but they really dont compare to the Boss.

The Boss steering wheel, Recaro seats, and suspension upgrades alone are worth the difference in price, let alone the forged engine and all of the other upgrades.

If you have the extra coin, get the Boss, however the GT 5.0 is a stellar vehicle :beer:

Mikes5.0

Established Member
My GT with the mods below has been more then enough to run with or out run several 2012 Boss's on Road Atlanta, VIR, and little Tally this year. Sure it would be nice to have the recaros,torsen, and better resale value but I could not see my self paying 8k - 12k over sticker. Not knocking the Boss and dont want to start an internet fight just stating my experience. I think the Boss is great and hope Ford continues to make fun cars.

Mikes5.0

Established Member
only an idiot would pay 8-12k over sticker. Boss's can be purchased for msrp all day.

Exactly why I have not bought one, but since the dealers around me are having to buy them from others dealers over msrp its made it a little harder to get one. Not saying it cant be done but the base Gt is great performer for the money.

This is the dealer down the road from me. Last week they were asking for the listed price without the discount.

http://www.akinsford.com/inventory/view/2012/Make/Ford/Model/Mustang/New/Trims/Boss 302/SortBy0/

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^that's unfortunate. However, the recipe for finding a Boss is pretty easy. All you have to do is get on Autotrader, and call the dealers that have them listed for sale, starting with the closest one and work your way out. After exhausting my attempts to buy local, I found my Boss on Autotrader in 5 minutes, 450 miles away. It took one phone call, I offered sticker price, and had an enclosed transporter deliver to my front door for $500.

GT's can be purchased for invoice, and a Boss can be purchased for msrp. Here is the REAL price difference between a GT vs Boss in actual $'s...

a 2012 base GT with 3.73 as the ONLY option upgrade, msrp is 30,500 but can be purchased for invoice minus rebate....$26,738.

a GT Premium with brembos, accessory pkg 5, HID's, and 3.73's has an msrp of $38,585 but can be purchased for invoice minus rebate....$33,893.

A 2012 Boss can be purchased for msrp, $43,100, only option was recaro seats + 3.73's.

So, the real price difference between a 2012 Boss vs GT is 9k-16k depending on the equipment on the GT.

Is a Boss worth 9-16k more than a GT? That's the buyers decision. Keep in mind, that the Boss might cost 9-16k more than a GT, however the Boss will probably be worth equally as much if the owner ever plans to sell. So the true "price" difference between the 2 cars is 9-16k, however the true "cost" difference between the 2 cars is virtually nothing/minimal.

Hope that helps add to this conversation :beer:

Last edited:

jgheels2003

Established Member
There is no comparison between the cars aside from just making power. Boss handles and feels like a track equipped 5.0. It has all the mods you dream of doing, but often times don't because it would cost a fortune to do. You get what you pay for with that car. Best Mustang ever made imho.

Users who are viewing this thread