What needs to be done at 112,000 miles?

mhemsley

Established Member
OK, I'm going to have to admit that I wasn't paying attention. I attended the SVT Homecoming with my 2002 SVT Focus. While I was there, and in the garage, I talked about my car with one of the SVT guys. When he heard that I had 112K miles, he asked if I had replaced the xyz. I tried to pay attention, but there was so much cool hardware around that I can't remember what he said. It wasn't the timing belt; it was something else, and I seem to remember that it was on the front of the engine...maybe.

So, all you SVT gurus out there, what might he have been telling me I should replace? I'm about to take her on another 2000 mile trek, and I'd like to make sure she's up to date on her maintenance.

Ciao,

Mike

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
The only thing that's a absolute priority is the timing belt, if it hasn't been done, do it.

Other than that it's just basic, regular maintenance.

-Steve

SVTFullThrottle

Established Member
Hey steve,
what pulleys do you recommend replacing. On your site there are 2 idler pulleys 47mm or a 60mm which one do you recommend? And on that parts diagram what other items should be replaced?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Hey steve,
what pulleys do you recommend replacing. On your site there are 2 idler pulleys 47mm or a 60mm which one do you recommend? And on that parts diagram what other items should be replaced?

You need the belt, tensioner, idler (60mm) and valve cover gasket.

The 47mm idler listed was never used in a Focus Zetec or SVT, it's an artifact listing from the old Contour Zetec that did have two idlers.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread