What New Phone

ademily87

Established Member
My last 5 phones were the original iPhone, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, and Galaxy S3. Only 1 of them has ever cracked. Guess which one it was? Hint: it wasn't an Apple product.
I've broken android screens lol I'm just saying a lot of people I know with Iphones have broken screens. Def not saying they're impossible to break.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I've broken android screens lol I'm just saying a lot of people I know with Iphones have broken screens. Def not saying they're impossible to break.

I'm just giving you shit lol. The way most people treat their phones I'm not surprised they're all cracked up.

ademily87

Established Member
I'm just giving you shit lol. The way most people treat their phones I'm not surprised they're all cracked up.
It's just I see more iPhone users not using a protective case than any other phone users, and they have the most accessories out of any other phone ever! Just an observation I've made. Lol

Sorry for the derail op. Just try out the iphone 6 and the new galaxy line up when they're released and see what you like. Android has come a long way in the past 2 years alone.

jrandy

Established Member
So for android, G3, M8, or GS5?

I was looking at the M8... It looks promising.

The bigger the iphone, the harder they fall, and the easier their delicate screens shatter.

80% of the people I know that have Iphones have cracked screens. I don't get it lol they make so many damn accessories for those things and people still don't put cases on them.

But I have a note 2. Had it for almost 2 years now and adore it. Battery life is amazing, strong signal reception, and everything just works.

I just don't like how much apple limits you on what you can do with YOUR device that YOU paid for. You can jailbreak it yea, but not everybody wants to do that. I've had android since the very first one, the Eris. (There were two at first, I know) and have yet to root one because they do more than enough for me.

Also I have unlimited Pandora - unlimited skips and no ads. Only available on android :) If anybody wants to know how to get it for your android, send me a pm and I'll send you the link.

Just my .02

Ive had an iPhone for 4 years now and have dropped it plenty and never cracked a screen. My wife is careless with hers and has yet to also. I know I'm very lucky with hers lol. Plus i jailbreak all my devices so customization isn't an issue to me. I also have unlimited pandora with unlimited skips and no ads.

I think im waiting for the new iphone and moto x to decide.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The bigger the iphone, the harder they fall, and the easier their delicate screens shatter.

80% of the people I know that have Iphones have cracked screens. I don't get it lol they make so many damn accessories for those things and people still don't put cases on them.

But I have a note 2. Had it for almost 2 years now and adore it. Battery life is amazing, strong signal reception, and everything just works.

I just don't like how much apple limits you on what you can do with YOUR device that YOU paid for. You can jailbreak it yea, but not everybody wants to do that. I've had android since the very first one, the Eris. (There were two at first, I know) and have yet to root one because they do more than enough for me.

Also I have unlimited Pandora - unlimited skips and no ads. Only available on android :) If anybody wants to know how to get it for your android, send me a pm and I'll send you the link.

Just my .02

Almost every person I see with an iphone has a giant, fugly case on it. Apple touts their phone's amazing build quality and machined aluminum body, then every customer puts a huge, stupid looking rubber case on it lol. But of course the case has a hole to make sure everyone can see the Apple symbol. Gotta make sure they know you have an Apple device!

My friends and I went go-karting a few weeks ago (legit, 50mph karts) and my friend had his new iphone 5s in his pocket. When he got out of the kart and checked his phone, the thing was bent at a 5 degree angle from the edge of his seat and the cornering forces lol. Only a small section of the screen was cracked and the damn thing still worked fine.

The first DROID phones were the Droid and Eris. The first Android phone was the G1, long before Verizon started their DROID branding.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I upgraded from the Galaxy S3 to the LG G3! 5.5" Screen, very little edge, fast, long battery life, and Quad HD screen (2560x1440) Love this mo fo.

nxhappy

Established Member
I think it depends on what OS you are used to.

I used to buy all the iphones. I like the apple OS but I wanted to try something new. Then I tried windows. And now I am trying android lol. So far I am loving my LG G2. I can only think that the G3 is better.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Just my .02

It boggles my mind as well how many people DONT put cases on their phones. Hell, even the thin gel-like ones are more than enough for 95% of falls. It also boggles my mind when people talk about form factor being superior on one phone over the other when they have brick-like cases on them to hide said form factor. Im in the camp of "protect your shit, who cares if it has aluminum bumpers and glass both sides!" Though I cant talk much, I dropped my SGS3 within a week and cracked it before the case was delivered, and never dropped any of my phones before that ever. Sucked.

I feel like I want to go back to an iphone for ease of jailbreak-ability (one-click most times) and easier/better access to the app repositories. I tried rooting my SGS3 and it failed somehow (followed all the steps) and now I cant even go back to unroot it so I can get OTA updates. Rooting is a ****ing hassle, you gotta read 10 different threads on ****ing XDA which is the most cluster**** forum ive ever opened. Android is a more powerful OS but ****, I dont have time to mess with this shit anymore and if im not rooting it and doing all that stuff, theres not much benefit in it over a "locked" OS like iOS. If apple comes out with truly a 5"+ screen and good hardware to back it I can definitely see myself getting another iPhone over the latest/greatest Galaxy phone or Note. Still, just rather have a 7" tablet that has a built-in detachable blutooth earbud that can make calls and be fine with that. I rarely call people anymore but still need it for just in case.

And fwiw, the app repositories for jailbroken phones have a shitload of tweaked apps, including an unlimited skip no-ad pandora app. Loved that thing back on my iP3s, best app ever.

Users who are viewing this thread