What next gen console will you purchase?

Which console?

• PS4

Votes: 113 48.5%
  • Xbox one

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Pc

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Both

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Will not buy anything

Votes: 49 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kaz109

Established Member
I preordered PS4 along with madden and COD. I have preordered ever PS console and this one is no different. Just glad this one didn't hit the $1,000 mark like the PS3 did, that broke me lol

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I know a few people with og/launch 360's still kicking.
mine is still good.

I dont think its gonna be as successful as it was in the past console launches. It looks like there will be a ton of 1 day launch consoles and not limited like in the past.
on one hand, it really seems like what you said is true, but on the other hand we've said that with every console release too("there won't be supply problems this time..."). i was really hoping for a sure bet too, since i finally have enough disposable cash to pull off a launch console roulette.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
launch 360 here, never had an issue. also have a PS3 I bought almost a year after the 360....both still kicking nicely. love them both, tend to play the xbox more though. will probably do the same thing and buy both consoles again.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I know a few people with og/launch 360's still kicking.

Still have mine... in fact my slim I got a few years back with the kinect keeps bitching about memory issues (I think the onboard storage is dying) and my launch is still working with no issues.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Saw the gameplay footage for GTAV last night.

I might be purchasing a console sooner than expected. They went ****ing DEEP on that game, it looks amazing!

ever had to send it in for repair work tho for rrod?

One I know did the homebrew fix.

The other two I don't recall them ever having to send theirs in.

All three owners always left their 360's in open areas though with proper ventilation.

The only person I know that had to send a 360 in for work was due to video output failure.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Saw the gameplay footage for GTAV last night.

I might be purchasing a console sooner than expected. They went ****ing DEEP on that game, it looks amazing!
I already pre-ordered mine. It reminds me a lot of Red Dead Redemption which I loved and is one of my favorite recent games. Looks like nothing like GTA4 which I hated. Pretty bad ass that the gameplay footage was from a PS3.
GTAV gameplay trailer captured on PS3 - GameSpot.com

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If you guys are still rocking your PS3 try giving: "The Last of Us" a shot, its got great reviews (avg 9/10) and is made by the same guys that made the Uncharted Series.

I have yet to pick one up... just dont want to pay full price!!! :(

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So many games and consoles coming out and so little time :(
At least it will be close to thanksgiving and christmas break.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
If you guys are still rocking your PS3 try giving: "The Last of Us" a shot, its got great reviews (avg 9/10) and is made by the same guys that made the Uncharted Series.

I have yet to pick one up... just dont want to pay full price!!! :(
Awesome game! Already put 10+ hours and still at 60%, one of the longest PS3 game's I ever played. And no, there's not 3 hours of cutscenes, very small and rare cutscenes. The first 10 min's of the game will leave your mouth wide open.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/xbox-on...56570&utm_campaign=GPNZ+Newsletter+2013-06-24

Microsoft’s Kinect technology might be in violation of proposed legislation from a pair of US politicians.

Massachusetts Democrat congressman Mike Capuano and North Carolina Republican congressman Walter Jones hope that their bill – titled “We Are Watching You” – will result in companies being forced to notify technology users whenever they are being recorded.

According to their application, the bill is a response to reports that national telecommunications companies are exploring technology for digital video recorders that will record the personal activities of consumers as they watch television from the privacy of their own homes.

It will not prohibit companies from developing such technology, but instead “lets consumers make their own decisions about whether or not it belongs in their homes”, it reads.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
At least in my neck of the wood each and every Kinect sitting on the shelves has an inch of dust on the box so it makes me wonder how well/poorly received this peripheral has been since release and as such, the response it will get now that it is forced upon the gamer.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Kinect may violate proposed "We are watching you" legislation in the US - Gameplanet New Zealand

Microsoft’s Kinect technology might be in violation of proposed legislation from a pair of US politicians.

Massachusetts Democrat congressman Mike Capuano and North Carolina Republican congressman Walter Jones hope that their bill – titled “We Are Watching You” – will result in companies being forced to notify technology users whenever they are being recorded.

According to their application, the bill is a response to reports that national telecommunications companies are exploring technology for digital video recorders that will record the personal activities of consumers as they watch television from the privacy of their own homes.

It will not prohibit companies from developing such technology, but instead “lets consumers make their own decisions about whether or not it belongs in their homes”, it reads.
the kinect doesn't record any information, where is the violation? that's just a click-generating article, not any kind of actual news.

At least in my neck of the wood each and every Kinect sitting on the shelves has an inch of dust on the box so it makes me wonder how well/poorly received this peripheral has been since release and as such, the response it will get now that it is forced upon the gamer.
the hardware is only as good as the software - no one made a legitimately desirable game for it that wasn't aimed at 5 olds. why no one created a legitimate boxing game is ****ing beyond me:cuss:
with kinect 2.0 being more capable than the original piece by orders of magnitude, and with it coming with every single console(THANKFULLY.), we should see a LOT more legitimate software for it this time around.
any "gamer" who "hates" a piece of hardware like kinect is just a complete and utter moron, when it's the software that will make or break it.

what i'm most curious about is how many of these fools that went ape shit about the "always on" kinect will actually turn it off:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread