What next??????

rboscht

Established Member
The itch to mod is coming back...can't seem to stop.:bash:

I already have a 2.8, chip, cold air and exhaust...Need some input regarding the next best mod!

I was seriously looking into the coolah until the news came out about Mr.Wilks. I can't seem to find any other intercoolers on the market. Started to look into Mezierre Water Pump and Hypertech 160 Thermostat..not sure if its the best bang for the buck though.

I know I need plugs but not sure how much more h.p that will give me.

Also was looking into getting a 6lb lower pulley but not sure how the blower would hold up at 20 psi of boost.

Any suggestions?

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Throttle Body
Longtubes
AR HD Halfshaft Kit
Full Length Subs

Mod more and enjoy!

Long Tube Headers
Throttle body

More mods not only boosts your cars performance, it also boosts the economy so keep boosting the economy. That's what I told my wife but she didn't buy it!:shrug:

Last edited:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
More mods not only boosts your cars performance, it also boosts the economy so keep boosting the economy. That's what I told my wife but she didn't buy it!:shrug:
LOL, I will have to try that one nut Im guessing I will have the same luck :)

03DOHC

Established Member
Lower pulley, TB. PHP makes a heat exchanger for our cars, but I have no idea how well it works.

Pyro

Established Member
Dont forget about the Flux Capacitor!! 1.21 gigwats...I'm not sure how much RWHP that is but it worked for Marty Mcfly!

Of course you can always try a Mr. Fusion!

rboscht

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro

that's pretty good!:beer:

I wasn't really looking into headers since everyone was claiming that they were either staying at the same h.p or losing some. Have some of you gained from this mod?

Anyone have any experience with any aftermarket heat exchanger?

As for the lower pulley, will the motor hold up to 20psi of boost?

After I get some more power I'm defintely getting the half shaft kit and some subs! Looks like the throttle body has everyone's vote so far.

hj16

Established Member
I wasn't really looking into headers since everyone was claiming that they were either staying at the same h.p or losing some.
Those were mainly just peak numbers. The area under peak really picks up though. Especially on cars running high boost.

Pyro

Established Member
Since your entertaining suggestions why not look into neon underglo, curb feelers, japanese lettering across the hood, or a 5' high rear wing. Apparently it adds tons of HP for the ricers!

OK, I'll shut up now!!

hj16

Established Member
Since your entertaining suggestions why not look into neon underglo, curb feelers, japanese lettering across the hood, or a 5' high rear wing. Apparently it adds tons of HP for the ricers!
You forgot about 40hp valve covers and SpiralMax! 35%better fuel economy and 30hp! How can I lose?!

HaHa

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Yea, go with the throttle body, either Accufab or BilletFlow(my vote), and if you aren't looking for longtubes you can try the Bassani mid-length. I have only heard good things about them. I think I will install what I have in my sig. and try to wring the best E.T. out of it before I mod more. My credit card company won't like it, I have to get help, I am an addict. At least I can admit it, and admitting it is half the problem. Hey ya only live once right??? I work hard for my money, why not treat my car right? Am I justifying myself....better quit while I am ahead.

rboscht

Established Member
Yeah I forgot about the neon lights under the car...should be good for about 20h.p at the wheels!!!:rolling:

rboscht

Established Member
Originally posted by SolidSnake
I have to get help, I am an addict. At least I can admit it, and admitting it is half the problem.
I'm starting to come to that conclusion as well!

Who has the best price on the Accufab throttlebody?

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Go with the Bliietflow setup and MM full length subframe connectors. And a lower pulley :thumbsup:

Will

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
I have seen both in person and the billetflow looks like a better engineered piece. They both flow about the same. Also with the accufab tb the cruise control and throttle cable connections are way off, leaving you with alot of slack. With the billet flow you can also get in different colors and have almost anything engraved on it. Check them out at www.billetflow.com

Will

Users who are viewing this thread