What pulley brand are you using?

BdJames

Established Member
I bought my 04 TR two years ago and the original owner had a motoblue 3.00 upper only. It's been long awaited but I am thinking of going with a metco 2.76 and idler. Anyone have a preference on pulley brand? I'm obviously a first time pulley buyer so opinions are accepted.

Current mods are the 3.00 pulley, k&n air filter on stock intake, off road x, flow masters, tune by bama. I am ordering the pulley along with the idler, new belt, jlt cai, and will dyno tune.

BdJames

Established Member

I've searched also, but those two links are from 2004. I'm looking to see what people are going with 10 years later. And I personally prefer to buy new. Its something about you get what you paid for.

I'm really just looking for personal preference or personal experience. Even if you just prefer one brand because you do.

Last edited:

SS EATR

Established Member
I run the Billetflow 2.76 upper and 100mm Tensioner and metco 4lb lower never had any issues with either. Do you happen to have any dyno #s with your current setup? Im just curious because that was the exact setup I had on my car when I got it.

Comp281

Established Member
I like metco. The new intake and a dyno tune will be nice. I think 2.76 is pointless on a non ported blower. I made 473/473 with a 3.0 pulley, steeda intake, accufab TB, Mac Pro chamber and Mac 2.5" cat back. A pulley that small will put the blower out of its efficiency range and it will be creating a lot of heat. Maybe get a Dragon or Accufab instead of the pulley. IMO it might do more harm than good.

BdJames

Established Member
I run the Billetflow 2.76 upper and 100mm Tensioner and metco 4lb lower never had any issues with either. Do you happen to have any dyno #s with your current setup? Im just curious because that was the exact setup I had on my car when I got it.

No dyno numbers as of now.

BdJames

Established Member
I like metco. The new intake and a dyno tune will be nice. I think 2.76 is pointless on a non ported blower. I made 473/473 with a 3.0 pulley, steeda intake, accufab TB, Mac Pro chamber and Mac 2.5" cat back. A pulley that small will put the blower out of its efficiency range and it will be creating a lot of heat. Maybe get a Dragon or Accufab instead of the pulley. IMO it might do more harm than good.

Already have the dragon tb, just waiting for my other parts to install it.
That must have been one hell of a tune to make 473.

Greenwood1982

Established Member

I am running a 2.76 upper and no port at 475/470 with no over heating issues what so ever. I have the 100mm idler, and jlt intake as well with a custom tune. I am also running a full exhaust as well. I was under the assumption using lower pullies without a port was pointless.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I always recommend Metco pullies and idlers. They really make a high quality product. You'll be happy with Metco if you go in that direction.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Oh I also forgot to add I use Billetflow pulley and Idler. I hear Metco is good too. I just happen to see Billetflow had the color of choice that I wanted on the website I purchased it from. So by default I chose them.

I hear nothing but good things from both.

BdJames

Established Member
I always recommend Metco pullies and idlers. They really make a high quality product. You'll be happy with Metco if you go in that direction.

Thanks for the input. I most likely will.

Oh I also forgot to add I use Billetflow pulley and Idler. I hear Metco is good too. I just happen to see Billetflow had the color of choice that I wanted on the website I purchased it from. So by default I chose them.

I hear nothing but good things from both.

Agreed.

Any good websites with good deals? I mostly have been looking at Lethal, American Muscle, and Metco's website.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
UPR 2.81 upper, other idlers are metco.

Comp281

Established Member
I am running a 2.76 upper and no port at 475/470 with no over heating issues what so ever. I have the 100mm idler, and jlt intake as well with a custom tune. I am also running a full exhaust as well. I was under the assumption using lower pullies without a port was pointless.

Yes a lower pulley without a ported blower is definitely pointless. I just think the 2.76 on a stock blower isn't worth the higher air temps because the blower is no longer efficient. It doesn't really buy you much more hp since the air temperature is higher.

Comp281

Established Member
Already have the dragon tb, just waiting for my other parts to install it.
That must have been one hell of a tune to make 473.

It was a strong example. My other Terminator made 465 with similar mods. I'm actually going back to my original setup on my current car to see if it performs similarly. It might have been the right combination of parts.

BdJames

Established Member
It was a strong example. My other Terminator made 465 with similar mods. I'm actually going back to my original setup on my current car to see if it performs similarly. It might have been the right combination of parts.

Seems like a strong amount of hp with that setup. Must have been a factory freak. I have never had mine dynoed so I couldn't really tell you how much hp I will have to compare. Best of luck to you :beer:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I most likely will.

Agreed.

Any good websites with good deals? I mostly have been looking at Lethal, American Muscle, and Metco's website.

Well I purchase just about 95% of my stuff from American Muscle. But I also still have the stock eaton, so the stuff I"m purchasing is pretty common to find.

I always thought Lethal Performance was really pricey. I find alot of great deals on AM. I believe when I did my purchase for my pulleys I purchased them from a website called Stage3mortorsports.com I highly do not recommend them in terms of tuning, but I did find some decently priced items there.

Their tuners suck, 3 tunes later I had to go to a custom bama tune (who managed to get it right the first time). Those guys sucked in customer service and I really felt like they should just stick to the retail side of things instead of the complex tuning areas.

Hope this helps.

BdJames

Established Member
Well I purchase just about 95% of my stuff from American Muscle. But I also still have the stock eaton, so the stuff I"m purchasing is pretty common to find.

I always thought Lethal Performance was really pricey. I find alot of great deals on AM. I believe when I did my purchase for my pulleys I purchased them from a website called Stage3mortorsports.com I highly do not recommend them in terms of tuning, but I did find some decently priced items there.

Their tuners suck, 3 tunes later I had to go to a custom bama tune (who managed to get it right the first time). Those guys sucked in customer service and I really felt like they should just stick to the retail side of things instead of the complex tuning areas.

Hope this helps.

Def does. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread