What pulley on a 6 rib centri?

hitnrun

Established Member
Procharger is usually a 3.2" before most people experience severe belt slip. I am personally running a 3.4 and wouldn't go lower without an 8 rib set up. but, I also am being safe about it.

Also, when you go with a smaller pulley make sure that you replace the belt tensioner with an OEM one unless you have recently done that.

Last edited:

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Procharger is usually a 3.2" before most people experience severe belt slip. I am personally running a 3.4 and wouldn't go lower without an 8 rib set up. but, I also am being safe about it.

Also, when you go with a smaller pulley make sure that you replace the belt tensioner with an OEM one unless you have recently done that.

My tensioner should be good to go, less than 5000 miles on it. I was thinking I would be safe with a 3.2 on my P1, it will put me right below the max impellar rpm.

hitnrun

Established Member
3.2" is still pushing it on a 6 rib, but it has been done. Make sure you get the correct belt too (obviously)

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Yup, if it slips too much ill just send it off and have it carbinite coated. I really want to max out the P1, but just havent got around to putting together an 8rib setup yet.

triple-s

Established Member
I ran a 3.0 pulley carbinite coated never had a belt slip problem but it does shorten belt life.

Tyler72

Established Member
I tried to run a 3.4 on a D1 procharger with no luck at all. It would blow through the belt at around 5000 RPM. Smallest I successfully ran with a D1 was a 3.7, and even then there was a very minor belt slip issue and it would kill belts if I beat on it too much. I used to run a P1 (setup in my sig) with the same 3.7" pulley with no issues at all. But I never tried a 3.4 on it so I might have been fine with that on the P1. My new setup is a 3.2 RR pulley on the D1 but I have yet to get the car tuned so I don't know what it's going to do at the moment.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had similar issues. I tried a 3.4" pulley on my old D1 and the belt would shred with 200 miles. I ran a 3.9" for years with no problems. I was also running an overdrive crank pulley. Now that same 3.4" pulley is on a P1 and doing great from what I'm told.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

rubber duck

Established Member
I ran a 3.2 RR pulley on a D1 and it would kill belts, if I wasn't chewing through them I was throwing them. Definitely took the fun out of things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread