What race seat(s) to buy?

DMotorsports

Established Member
Car's currently on a diet. Going to remove the front seats and replace with a race seat sometime in the near future. I've seen rodfarva's Corbeau in person, which is a very nice piece (and probably what I will ultimately go with). However, I was wondering what other options there are out there that you guys may have used/seen. Recaro's are very nice, but pricey. Same goes for Sparco.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Kirkey

Light, cheap, actually comfortable(for racing and perhaps a Friday/Saturday night cruise). Sorry you did say race seat right.

Last edited:

breoland

Established Member
how about buying a set of seats from the 2012 gt500 with recaros? I wonder if the rear seat is the same as the 12

F8L SN8K

Established Member
The 2012 with the Recaros have the exact same rear seat has the 2010-up cars. Striping was added to the rear seat in 2010 making them a little different then the 05-09 cars. Yes I involved the mustang as a whole because the 2010 mustangs had single colored strips as an option. I wouldn't buy the 2012 Recaros for weight savings as the main priority as there are better seats out there if weight shedding is the main priority. I would buy them to replace the factory seats if I wanted something with side airbags, way more supportive, and looked factory. The 07-09 seats are More at home in an F150 then a performance car and the 2010 up seats are a nice in-between pleasing the masses.

I know Im kinda came off as a smart a$$ about the kirkeys.but when I see threads with titles that say "race" or "drag racing" my mind instantly jumps to the more extreme things and no compromise as to the ultimate goal. Kirkeys weigh in at 11lbs for the economy ones and 9 pounds for the lightweights. But this seat isnt for the people who still want to street drive their car on a constant bases. To quote sponge bob and sandy cheeks "life is as extreme as you want to be" lol.

I had a sparco seat for my 99 that was extremly comfortable and supportive compared to the stocker was great for a DD.

Last edited:

breoland

Established Member
The 2012 with the Recaros have the exact same rear seat has the 2010-up cars. Striping was added to the rear seat in 2010 making them a little different then the 05-09 cars. Yes I involved the mustang as a whole because the 2010 mustangs had single colored strips as an option. I wouldn't buy the 2012 Recaros for weight savings as the main priority as there are better seats out there if weight shedding is the main priority. I would buy them to replace the factory seats if I wanted something with side airbags, way more supportive, and looked factory. The 07-09 seats are More at home in an F150 then a performance car and the 2010 up seats are a nice in-between pleasing the masses.

I know Im kinda came off as a smart a$$ about the kirkeys.but when I see threads with titles that say "race" or "drag racing" my mind instantly jumps to the more extreme things and no compromise as to the ultimate goal. Kirkeys weigh in at 11lbs for the economy ones and 9 pounds for the lightweights. But this seat isnt for the people who still want to street drive their car on a constant bases. To quote sponge bob and sandy cheeks "life is as extreme as you want to be" lol.

I had a sparco seat for my 99 that was extremly comfortable and supportive compared to the stocker was great for a DD.

I know looks the rear seats were to match the fronts in the 10 and up and are different looks wise. my question though, does the rear seat have all the same mounting hardware as the 07/09. if its the same, guys with 07/09 gt500 that wan to use the recars from the 12 can also use the rear seat to match from the 12

Users who are viewing this thread