vazo

Established Member
I have one of these on my GT500.
Works and looks great.

Have one on all my vehicles.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
I have one of the MMD ones. I love it. It was the first thing I bought for my car. Lost a little bit of reception in some areas but works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weider1717

Established Member
I see the 5" one's are for 10 and later models mine is a 2007. I read where rthe "stubby" one I mentioned will not fit my 2007 exactly that there will be a gap on the threaded rod and the antenna so looks like that one is out of the picture.

anyone know of anyone who has something smiliar to this 5" stubby made for the 07-09? I like that over the 8" wire looking one they offer to me that doesn't look much better than my original, thanks.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I think I got the shorty shown below from AM? I don't remember, it has been a while ago. It blends in well being black, it is not too short were reception suffers, it does not stick up past the roof line like the oem ant., it gets good reception and I am overall very happy with it.

004_zpsyrjdflrk.jpg

R

weider1717

Established Member
I think I got the shorty shown below from AM? I don't remember, it has been a while ago. It blends in well being black, it is not too short were reception suffers, it does not stick up past the roof line like the oem ant., it gets good reception and I am overall very happy with it.

004_zpsyrjdflrk.jpg

R
Robert, I think theses the route I want to go looks like that is the 14" one correct? not the 8" one they offer but wanted to make sure.

I prefer the look of the craver speed mentioned which is like 5" and thicker but I am afraid reception will suffer what you have is probably the best bet and looks tons better than the stocker, thanks.

Fdnyshelby

Established Member
I had the craven speed stubby on my pickup for years and While it looked nice the reception was terrible

weider1717

Established Member
Ordered the 14" may regret it over the short 8" one but to me semmetry wise I think it may fit the car better actually than the shorter options. It looks to come slightly below the top of the car.

fullboogie

Established Member
You know you can do one for free, right? Take off your antenna, put it in a vice, and the ball on the end will pull off with some pliers. Cut the antenna to the length you want, and glue the ball back on. Free mod.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
You know you can do one for free, right? Take off your antenna, put it in a vice, and the ball on the end will pull off with some pliers. Cut the antenna to the length you want, and glue the ball back on. Free mod.

I don't think I have ever taken my oem radio ant. out of its original Ford parts sleeve/package, I think it is still in the trunk?!?!? I think I laid it on the trunk floor under the carpet and then put my Ford accessory trunk liner on top of the carpet and that is where it has been since I received my car back from Las Vegas in early 2009.

R

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I also have the 14" from AM. I don't use the radio much so I don't know how the reception is.

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ive tried a few including a stubby. the reception was not great on any of them with the stubby being the worse.

Users who are viewing this thread