WHat should I do

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I plan on goin with a TT set up, and am starting to buy some stuff

I also planned on goin with a built block, Was goin to go MMR,(302) put a set of 4v heads on it and go to town. But when doin that with the turbos it is goin to be costly.

Next idea is to get the earlier cobra blocks (96-98) just build one of those. cause the teskid blocks are good for making a ton of power right? Was lookin to make 630-650 rwhp. Plus that would be a lil cheaper I do believe

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I say just get a teksid block, get a forged rotating assembly, this should make things a little cheaper. I heard the WAP blocks start to give way around 800rwhp.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I am not the best at knowing what these blocks are so what is WAP block

and also switching to this 4v setup I would need to run the PCM of the cobra as well or run it off a standalone correct?

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Teksid blocks are the early aluminum blocks while later they changed to the windsor assembly plant, or also known as WAP.

You don't need to modify your pcm if you have an xcal2, your tuner can just rewrite everything that is needed.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
that block looks like a good idea, but wonder if it is as stout as the teksid blocks, cause they are fairly bulletproof with forged internals

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
that block looks like a good idea, but wonder if it is as stout as the teksid blocks, cause they are fairly bulletproof with forged internals

Tougher than Teksid and also has something a Teksid doesn't: a 3.70" bore.
Would work wonders with a good set of 4V heads :beer:

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
ahhh, very nice man, I appreciate it, thing is to, is it seems cheaper than most of the teksid's ive been lookin at

For sure. also you dont have to worry about paying to have it Magnafluxed to check for cracks, etc. all you ever hear is teksid, teksid. i know that these were stout blocks, but alot of people lose sight of the fact that all of these blocks are at least ten years old now. while a good, seasoned block can be a better foundation to start out with rather than new, this applies to cast iron, not aluminium. and we all know what happens to aluminium when it's been subjected to a couple thousand heat cycles in it's life. and lets hope that's all it's been subjected to. as rare as these blocks are becoming, try and find one thats true, with the stock bore size, etc.
BTW- this new Boss block has been poured at the same foundry that also makes the diesel blocks, with the same high nickel content. perfect for LOTS O BOOST :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread