What should I expect for rwhp

sleepermobile2

Established Member
Ive been hearing so many different numbers , mostly disappointing. I'm finishing up the build now just waiting for a dyno tune April 3. My car is an 01 and I just did the eaton (whipple ) swap and it's been a a chore . I know this is terminator section but figured this would get me better info and help than the 01 section. The build is this , 5.0 stroker 303 cu in, nice ported heads , comp cams stage 3 , 2.9 whipple , e85,kooks 1 7/8 stepped headers, kooks 3in x pipe, jlt high boost, accufab sbtb, compression ratio 8.8 . I know that's a lil low but I'm using 100 shot soon. Without the nitrous what should I get for rwhp? I'm using 3 inch upper, 4lb lower. I hope to get 23+ boost .

Attachments

• IMG_3751.JPG
    IMG_3751.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 147

sleepermobile2

Established Member
why if your only planning to use e85, is your compression so low?
Nitrous is in the plans also . I guess for the most part though it's because my engine builder was against more cr . He said it's more than a stock motor and stock motors make plenty...I used flat tops in my last couple motors, i didn't have the best of luck . I def wanted more cr but I'm just going with his ideas .....

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
8.8 CR might not be "ideal" for straight up E85 use....but I do agree with your tuner, it is a slight bump over 03/04 factory ratio so that's a positive. Considering the spray on top of it....he's staying conservative

I think it will make just under 800 at 23psi.....but that blower will spin even harder than that! Spin it 26+psi bet you do make over 800 off the bottle...gonna be a sick ride. Good luck.

nxhappy

Established Member
gonna be a ****ing monster....what nitrous kit are you using? That TQ is gonna hit like a MOFO !

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I honestly don't know what kit I'm using . I'm only wanting 100 shot ,just something to get me out the hole .
You are running a twin screw blower, you won't be able to plant ANY of that power "out of the hole". My suggestion? Don't ever put a kit on it. If you think flat tops with E85 isn't safe why in the world would you try to run dual power adders? I'll guess 750-800rwhp depending how happy the dyno is.

sleepermobile2

Established Member
IMG_0001.JPG
You are running a twin screw blower, you won't be able to plant ANY of that power "out of the hole". My suggestion? Don't ever put a kit on it. If you think flat tops with E85 isn't safe why in the world would you try to run dual power adders? I'll guess 750-800rwhp depending how happy the dyno is.
I have a pretty good set up I hope to cut 1.5s

ctgreddy

Established Member
You should hit 800 no nitrous. if you dont take it to another tuner. There's been lots of 2.9 whipple cars on stock longblocks that have made mid 700's. I made 747 on a 2.8kb.

also people need to stop aiming for psi levels. on a car with ported heads and cams you'll probably never hit 25+psi no matter what the pullies are. especially since the setup you're gonna run (4lb/3inch) is already hitting max rpm by 6250 rpm. so anything above that you're just overspinning the blower and I'm sure with that setup you're gonna rev it to atleast 7k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read threads like this and think back to 2004 when the top dog Terminators were topping 500 to the wheels with ported Eatons. Hope you get that 825 you're hoping for. Your build sounds impressive. Keep us posted.

sleepermobile2

Established Member
I read threads like this and think back to 2004 when the top dog Terminators were topping 500 to the wheels with ported Eatons. Hope you get that 825 you're hoping for. Your build sounds impressive. Keep us posted.
I will for sure ! I'm just bench racing til April 3 but 800 will make me happy . The nitrous isnt going to happen til the t56 magnum gets sold , then the auto and nitrous .

mkb116

Established Member
Mine had a stock caged lower and 2.8 upper. I would have gone more but I didn't want to go lower on the blower pulley and I didn't want to switch to an uncaged lower.

The main reason I went turbo was because of the crankshaft / lower pulley breaking issues. And to reliably get to the power level I want, it was far, far to expensive.

I ran that setup for 2 years... to get my stock lower off I had to use two guys pulling on a 2 ft breaker bar with a 3 ft bar added and a shit bunch of heat.

Don't use the 100 shot. That setup is going to make instant power, you will have trouble putting it to the ground without the nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread