What should I pay

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
If I decide to pay and have the clutch replaced what is a normal figure for just labor. I have the cluth and TOB just need the labor done and wanted to get an idea of what is normal.

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
I am hoping to get the work done for $300-$400 just for labor. Does that seem to low for a clutch swap on a car with long tubes?

rexisme

Established Member
just loooked up a local shops site. They specialize in mustangs, it looks like $315 w/ the 26spline conversion.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'm paying $400 on thurs to have my damn TOB replaced. While you're at it and the trans is out i'd recommend replacing/upgrading the TOB retainer sleeve (McLeod), fork, pivot ball and input shaft seal. You can get the FRPP parts from Steve for next to nothing.

Josh

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow Kanibus, $1,000. at your dealer and $450. at a local shop? That's a huge spread. I'd want to get some references for that shop, just to be safe. Sometimes a lower price ends up being the highest price in the end, if you know what I mean. So which one are you going with?

prostkr

Established Member
what brand long tubes? with the kooks they dont even need to be removed. 300-400$ seems fair.

Users who are viewing this thread