What size injectors w/port job

cassini_rings

Cassini
Established Member
I'm considering a Stiegemeier port job (and possibly a port of my Accufab TB as well) and am wondering what size injectors I should step up to (if at all) with the combination of mods in my sig below. Thanks.

-Pat

Juiced-03

Established Member
I think your injectors (stock) will be fine. Maybe just get a BAP to maintain the pressure.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I think your injectors (stock) will be fine. Maybe just get a BAP to maintain the pressure.
ditto, maybe 50's, but I doubt it, its kind of a trial and error thing. Everyone's car is different.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Shouldn't larger injectors relieve some fuel pressure and allow the pumps not to work as hard?

I was going to go with a BAP and larger injectors.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
ChicagoMike said:
Shouldn't larger injectors relieve some fuel pressure and allow the pumps not to work as hard?

You can do it that way, but sometimes the injectors are a waste of money, some cars you won't have to turn up the FP, unfortunately my car wasn't one of them. The difference in these cars are scary, some of them can make 500 and be fine as far as fuel and meter and some cars, like mine run out of everything at 5000 rpms at 470 rwhp, all these cars are different, its kind of trial and error.

Fast Willy

Established Member
I would go with no smaller then 50. But while your spending the money you might want to look at 55 or even 60 if you plan on doing any more mods. But 50s should be just fine.

primo

Established Member
Just and thought, make sure you change your fuel filter regularly. Some people think they need a bigger injectors or pumps because their filter is starving them of fuel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ChicagoMike said:

Yes. That's a major point about upgrading to larger injectors. Larger injectors will most certainly make the fuel pumps work easier. That's why sometimes boosting the fuel pressure electronically isn't always the best solution. On the other hand it is true that not everyone runs out of fuel at the same level. In my case I maxxed out the meter at 490rwhp and the fuel pumps at 495rwhp. I've heard of those who have gone to 520+ with the stock fuel pumps and stock meter, although it is rare. My own opinion for what it's worth is that if you're at or approaching that '500' wall it is a smart idea to upgrade your meter, pumps (or add a BAP) and injectors. For most on the quest for more power it's inevitable you'll need to do it anyway. It could save you a bit a aggrevation like I encountered when I lost $400. on a local dyno day because I decided to wait on the pumps upgrade and the tuner couldn't do my car because I ran out of fuel. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread