What supplements to gain muscle (not bodybuilding type)

CobraKid04

Established Member
Alot of people seem to be against soy protein. For me it is the only thing that agrees with me. Whey protein pretty much makes my throat close up and can't breath, its weird because I can have milk and eggs.

Soy protein raises your estrogen level..Maybe not enough to make a diff but I stay away from soy.

Started at 165 in 1 week i went to 173.8. I am taking prohormone R6 Black, its made by british dragons... Good shit... Its a dietry supplment. I also take Whey protein 2-3 times a day, and i eat like crazy... I worked out before and i was on a straight creatine diet and i never gained as fast as i did once i got on this synthetic hormone. No side effects except really thristy... I also take estrogen blocker, natural testotorne blocker, omega 3 and liver care... with whey protein... I try to eat alot of boiled eggs... I have noticed noticble gains in just the first week. Where i bought it told me i should get close to 15-20 lbs in 1 month... My friend who did it said he blew up big time, and hes a big roid user...

How do you know there are no side effects because you have been on it a week?? Well maybe in ten years when your growing a tumar out of your ass maybe then there will be a side effect. Not saying you will but who the hell want to take hormones and take that risk..JMO

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Soy protein raises your estrogen level..Maybe not enough to make a diff but I stay away from soy.

How do you know there are no side effects because you have been on it a week?? Well maybe in ten years when your growing a tumar out of your ass maybe then there will be a side effect. Not saying you will but who the hell want to take hormones and take that risk..JMO

i meant no current side effects.. however people have been doing pro hormones for awhile...no long term side effects reported... If people can inject steroids in there arms (non abusivly) and live fine. I doubt taking addiitional hormones would have that bad of a effect on u.

I know its bad for the liver, but thats why i take liver care and havent had a drink of alchohol since ive got on the cycle...not saying its good for you, but for fast gains it works great... ive been skeptical for awhile...but finnally i bit the bullet... havent been dissapointed yet

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
:dw:... Then you're not stirring it enough.:shrug: It almost sounds like you're stirring it so that there's still little grains of whey left dry and un-stirred.

Here's what you do. You don't need protein shakes anything. You just need to eat enough calories, proteins, etc so that your body will repair itself and grow. The protein shakes is just to aid you with your daily requirements. You CAN eat too much calories. There are some formulas out there (one that I'm currently on) that you can use to find out your daily requirements. I also use Fitday.com to help keep track of my progress. Once you get consistent with your nutritional requirements and you add a FULL body workout to your schedule, you'll get stronger.
I use a blender so I don't see how there is still some left un-stirred :shrug:

I have pretty bad allergy's and I am allergic to quiet a few things so I'm thinking this is one of them.

Do you have anywhere, where I can find out facts on this matter? I am by no means saying this is BS I would just like to read the facts and studies done on it to show side effects and such for myself.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member

Do you have anywhere, where I can find out facts on this matter? I am by no means saying this is BS I would just like to read the facts and studies done on it to show side effects and such for myself.

blender fails... they dont stirr enough... go buy a sport cup with the metal ball mixer...works like a champ

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
blender fails... they dont stirr enough... go buy a sport cup with the metal ball mixer...works like a champ
Ill look into it, thanks. That is the only one I haven't tried. I have used the blender and then also the sport cup where you shake to mix. Every time I have a bad reaction to whey.

CobraKid04

Established Member
i meant no current side effects.. however people have been doing pro hormones for awhile...no long term side effects reported... If people can inject steroids in there arms (non abusivly) and live fine. I doubt taking addiitional hormones would have that bad of a effect on u.

I know its bad for the liver, but thats why i take liver care and havent had a drink of alchohol since ive got on the cycle...not saying its good for you, but for fast gains it works great... ive been skeptical for awhile...but finnally i bit the bullet... havent been dissapointed yet

I have pretty bad allergy's and I am allergic to quiet a few things so I'm thinking this is one of them.

which the Soy..I thought that was common knowlege that soy raised estrogin...I didn't say it would negitivly effect you I just don't see the point in taking a portein that could possibly raise estrogen when I could take whey and have no estrogen...No I don't have a study off hand but, I'm sure if you were concered you could look one up. :beer:

The hormones are resposible for growth and cell reproduction. If you take Hormones above the normal levels you will be growing cells. That doesn't sound bad but what if you have cancer...Well cancer is a cell therefor you will be growing that cell. I think hormones can be effective in older people due to the decline in hormones at older ages. But I don't see the point in taking it when your young.. To each there own.

eclipsemustang

Established Member

You can find all sorts of studies on this, and most likely you will be more confused then before you started, i did some research on this not to long ago and some studies say that it can raise estrogen and harm growth and some studies say that it does nothing, and some say it helps with the obsorbtion of other proteins. IMO it's just another one of those things about lifting you will never get a straight answer about, but if you wanna play it safe stay away from it, but if your seeing gains from it keep on taking it, everyones body reacts differently.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Ill look into it, thanks. That is the only one I haven't tried. I have used the blender and then also the sport cup where you shake to mix. Every time I have a bad reaction to whey.

also try optimum nutrtion whey.. I gave a serving to my friend the other day and he was like "bro this is like drinking water it isn't thick at all." hahah :beer:

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
^^ Thanks for the info. I'm starting to think if I may be able to tolerate "Whey Isolate" better then the "Whey Concentrate". They say for people that have bad allergy's that "Whey Isolate" is the best for them.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
I'm currently on my 2nd "tub" of Cell-Tech and I love it so far. I drink plenty of water with it so it lessens the burden on my system, but I've gained about 12 lbs of lean muscle mass and my gains have been very good. I supplement with whey protein and try to get 1 cardio day with 3 heavy lifting days/week. It's been good so far and I haven't had any stomach problems *yet*

RcodeStang

Established Member
I'm currently on my 2nd "tub" of Cell-Tech and I love it so far. I drink plenty of water with it so it lessens the burden on my system, but I've gained about 12 lbs of lean muscle mass and my gains have been very good. I supplement with whey protein and try to get 1 cardio day with 3 heavy lifting days/week. It's been good so far and I haven't had any stomach problems *yet*

He says "not bodybuilding type" so I suggest he stays away from dat dere celltech. He'll look like Ronnie Coleman in a week or two.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member

Also may want to try a different type... I use Smart Gainer and it mixes flawlessly.. i drink mine with whole milk

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I went from 160 to 173 in about 2 weeks taking lean whey protein & creatine and lifting hard. I'm not sure how much is water weight, but I've definitely gotten bigger and I've gained 30 pounds on my bench max in 4 weeks. It's all about training hard and eating right, I haven't gained any kind of fat as far as I can tell, in fact I'm alot leaner looking than I was, just more muscular. I was the type that couldn't gain weight either, but if you up your protein intake and workout hard, I promise you'll gain.

Slight hijack, what do you guys recommend as far as lifting and running? Currently I'm running every other day when I'm not working chest and shoulders, usually about 1-2 miles and then biking 3-5. Is that hurting my lifting gains at all?

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
swim your ass off, it'll build your upper body like a mofo and no supplements needed.

ttk53

Established Member
I went from 160 to 173 in about 2 weeks taking lean whey protein & creatine and lifting hard. I'm not sure how much is water weight, but I've definitely gotten bigger and I've gained 30 pounds on my bench max in 4 weeks. It's all about training hard and eating right, I haven't gained any kind of fat as far as I can tell, in fact I'm alot leaner looking than I was, just more muscular. I was the type that couldn't gain weight either, but if you up your protein intake and workout hard, I promise you'll gain.

Slight hijack, what do you guys recommend as far as lifting and running? Currently I'm running every other day when I'm not working chest and shoulders, usually about 1-2 miles and then biking 3-5. Is that hurting my lifting gains at all?

13lbs in 2 weeks OOOOK!

CobraKid04

Established Member

The 13lb in 2 weeks is from the creatine..It retains water and if you stopped taking it you would prolly lose 12 of thoes 13. As for the 30lb increase is prolly cuz u never lifted before and your gains are quick. It will slow down.

Why would you be working chest or shoulders everyother day? The running is fine if you want to say lean and in shape. If you want to get bigger cut the cardio down, don't stop just cut it down. If you want to keep gaining mass you need to work your lower body.

TYSHO

Established Member
The 13lb in 2 weeks is from the creatine..It retains water and if you stopped taking it you would prolly lose 12 of thoes 13.

Your muscles are about 80% water. If you lose that much weight after putting down the creatine, it's because you're not taking in your daily water intake and/or failing to workout. The more muscle and weight you gain, the more water your body demands to keep up.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
The 13lb in 2 weeks is from the creatine..It retains water and if you stopped taking it you would prolly lose 12 of thoes 13. As for the 30lb increase is prolly cuz u never lifted before and your gains are quick. It will slow down.

Why would you be working chest or shoulders everyother day? The running is fine if you want to say lean and in shape. If you want to get bigger cut the cardio down, don't stop just cut it down. If you want to keep gaining mass you need to work your lower body.

I sincerely doubt I'll lose 12 of it, but yeah I'm figuring on losing 3-4. It's not all water weight, creatine doesn't saturate your muscles completely for 25 days on average unless you load it and I didn't load it and I wasn't on it for more than 7 days when the gains happened. Yeah, I was way behind as far as lifting goes, I quit after football my senior year and didn't pick it up again till about 4 weeks ago, so I know I'll slow way down pretty quickly. Any suggestions for lower body? I have to avoid squats like the plague because my knee is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread