What suspension mods with slicks?

svtguy22

Established Member
Hey guys, might be picking up a set of slicks soon. Currently I have the Billetflow IRS brace and H&R Race springs installed, I also am running my stock clutch with about 44k on it. How hard can I launch? And please give me all the info I need!! ed. half-shafts etc etc.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
A guy out here was running slicks and a IRS brace and that is it on a stock 04 COBRA suspension and IRS. He launched at 4,000 and never broke. He ran low 11's. He told me if you hook you are good, that It is the wheel hop that breaks things.

VPF

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Been hearing too many bad things about DSS halfshafts lately. If you want to make abusive launches then a built solid axle is the way to go. Sorry I know that's not the answer you're looking for :(

svtguy22

Established Member
jmproductions said:
Been hearing too many bad things about DSS halfshafts lately. If you want to make abusive launches then a built solid axle is the way to go. Sorry I know that's not the answer you're looking for :(

haha. yeah I know a solid is the way to go... I could launch the shit outta my 96 snake. This IRS crap sucks sometimes. I just wanna make sure the rear end will hold up to a few 3k-4k launches with the mods I have on slicks

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It's pretty much a gamble it seems. Your clutch is the same way also. I know that's not answers but it's the truth. Lately there has been a lot of confusion on DSS halfshafts to!

rtusnake

Established Member
I'm on stock suspension with only an irs brace. Have about 20 slick passes on everything ranging from 1.57 to 1.65 60's and still holding up. I'm running 26x10x15 et drags

Users who are viewing this thread