What suspension piece is this?

fake

Established Member
Sorry for the tard question. What piece is this that I circled? (Cobra Huck, I used your picture because it showed this piece perfect.)

I have new Steeda springs and a caster camber plate; but the shocks are still OEM. Time to replace....

WhiteVenom019_zps5d2068c7.gif

scottrod3

Established Member
Ford OEM quad shocks are pricey! Those shocks are a specific application, but I am sure you could get them from the same manufacturer as the shocks and struts you buy if you wanted them to match. A lot of people leave them off if they are more drag related as the quad shocks tend to hinder weight transfer. I don't run any on my car and it actually rides a bit smoother in my opinion....

mustang3X

Established Member
I removed mine but have J&M race rear lower control arms, I have no wheel hop with this set up.

So it depends on how the rest of the suspension is set up.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Usually quad shocks are removed when you go to aftermarket lower control arms/upper control arms. I do not use them at all.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
I have Steeda lower control arms. replaced my quads with Monroe's from pep boys..about $27 each. ride seemed much smoother.

100_1237_zps8b5fe11e.jpg

CobraHuck

Established Member
I removed mine off my old '94, still using stock upper/lower control arms, etc. Only had foxbody Tokico Illumina's. Never had any issue with wheel hope. Only reason I didn't remove em off the cobra before I did all that painting is that they're still in decent working shape so I'm gonna wait till I get new shocks/struts/control arms.

Just ditch 'em, you won't have any issues plus you'll have more clearance for more meat :burnout:

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
I've got KYB shocks in mine, much better than stock. I have an extra set of KYB gas adjust with pretty low miles if you want to upgrade.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
They're unneeded for any and all applications, remove them.

Unless you're a grandpa.

not necessarily true, if you research, several have stated on other forums that they still experienced wheel hop with aftermarket control arms. my local Mustang guy, who is much more experienced than many on here, told me to leave them on with my Steeda's. it comes down to choice and tire clearance, if that is an issue for you.

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
It's all unnecessary until you bend an axle shaft. Ask me how I know. My vote is ANY suspension piece that is intended to reduce wheel hop is worth having/replacing.
As stated before they are fairly inexpensive and on a street car that will see some red light launches or the drag strip occasionally; it's probably a good idea.
Some of our customers here at the shop run them and some don't, but we deal with a majority of road coarse only builds.

HighCal

Established Member
KYBs are only $80 for the pair. The only reason id take mine off is if the tire rubs. And my 295s are fine

Users who are viewing this thread