what the F is this?

lightning_2001

Established Member
whistling noise under hood?

i have been hearing this noise for a while now.ive taken it to the stealership 3 times and they blamed it on my billit grill.i knew it wasnt that.i thought it might be my tires but i just put 4 new nitto's all around a while ago.anyone know what the hell it is.oh and my warrenty is over now so i cant make them fix whatever it is.here is a clip of what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR53Of_C8z8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_LBmZ3oZwU

Last edited:

LightningLou

Established Member
Must have something to do with tranny/rearend if it only does it in motion or in neutral. Maybe your brake pads are locked up or something also... I couldn't really see where the noise was coming from in that vid since it was so dark. Get another vid in the day if possible.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Jack up the rear end and put the truck in N and spin the rear tires. Sounds like the e-brake shoes may be draging a little bit

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Sound like something rubbing.
Do you have drilled and slotted brake rotor's? They make noise. Did the noise happen right after the tire change? If so I would pull each wheel and inspect the brakes and that area. Good luck.

Last edited:

lightning_2001

Established Member
no drilled and slotted rotors.and ive been hearing the noise for a while now.first time i had it checked out was when i lived in fort worth 2 years ago.then it was nothing but a little whine.no im in laredo and the noise is getting louder.i need new brakes right now so im just gonna change them.i had seen a thread a while ago with someone saying they heard a whine but there was no clip and some ppl saying it could be the rear end.could it be missing fluid or is it just waiting to die.

203Cree

Established Member
lightninmike said:
Jack up the rear end and put the truck in N and spin the rear tires. Sounds like the e-brake shoes may be draging a little bit

Can't really hear it that well, but that'd be my guess as well. :)

lightning_2001

Established Member
Svtlightning_04 the noise is in the two clip on first post.there recorded with my phone.i knew it wasnt my tires.it was really light.just recently its been getting worse so i want to get it fixed soon.thank god for income tax return!

Last edited:

lightning_2001

Established Member
well i covered up the grill and it stoped making the noise.you could only hear it between 50 and 65 so i guess the wind was just right between then.im still gonna go out again to double check.

Users who are viewing this thread