What the f**k is wrong with my car!!!!!

jeffsvt

Established Member
I would have to say 99% of people on here are not affiliated with vendors at all . I went through the same troubles as you are with my upper/lower set up when it was on the car . It always feel on it's face and hesitated in the mid to upper rpms . Mine is voltage related and it still is with only a 2.76 upper . But it seems you have figured out the problem and people trying to help you as well as tuners with years of expierence are wrong so good luck with your car and I hope you don't run out of MAF or fuel with 17psi of boost mine 2 cents .

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Hmmmm..... it'll be interesting to see how long this motor lasts.

PS: Check the switch on the chip. Did it get moved to one of the other tunes by accident? Maybe that is why the car started running differently all of a sudden. Or did you have the switch on the wrong tune to begin with?

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
esqeddy said:
Hmmmm..... it'll be interesting to see how long this motor lasts.

QUOTE]

I'm a data logging nut and can tell you with just a 2.76 upper I was very close to pegging my MAF, so I added the 2400 MAF. When the 4lb lower was added I was pegging the fuel pumps - blew 2 frps's. Added the BAP - problem solved. Now with the 8lb lower I've added the 60lb injectors.

If you ain't data logging you are only guessing...a blown motor is a lot more expensive to rebuild than these very inexpensive upgrades....

Last edited:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Wow....

I feel sorry for some of these cars b/c of they way some owners treat them. I'll be looking for you on the blown/hurt engine list. :nono:

Big_Torch

Banned
I cant believe someone would actually treat there car like this and then on top of it, accuse people here of working with vendors to steal a buck from mustang owners?

PLEASE!

good luck with your car, seriously, your spinning the blower way harder than it needs to without a port. your not getting anymore power, hell why not put a 2.76 and 8# lower on w/o maf and bap?

you need to realize you need a maf with your mods, you need to DATALOG your fuel pump duty cycle, and not just "assume" its ok.

seriously good luck when you blow your motor, no cooling mods, no port, no fuel or maf mods and now your going to spray it? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

youve obviously read into this b/c your not stupid, you just need to accept this, either do it right or dont do it at all. please datalog your car, get a a/f check and see where you stand, a few hundred bucks is a lot better than having to shell out thousands b/c you torched your block. btw I have ZERO affiliation with any vendor and have bought from many. I refuse to buy from a vendor who wont spend 10 mins and bs with me on the phone.

I have bought from fordsvtparts, sct, lethal, lfp, spoken with injected racing, sambandit, vt, etc etc etc. call around talk to some people before you go to far.

flame on

acrod

Established Member
this thread is freaking ridiculous. I have no sympathy for ppl like this. Damn be all the firsthand experience fellow cobra owners are trying to give you, we are all dumb and dont know what the hell we are talking about. You have a 30k car why are you going to skimp out and risk it.

JMD0346

Established Member
YellowCobra28 said:
Well guys after a few weeks of driving on the same setup, the problem has gone away on its own. No hesitation when driving, the battery doesn't die on me after 3000rpms, everything is great. Maybe it takes a a couple of weeks for the car to get used to the tune. Whatever it was, I'm glad I didn't fork up unnecessary dollars like a MAF, BAP and a tuner/tune. Some people on here work with vendors, and try to get you to buy things that you don't need. I have a buddy making close to 600RWHP with nitrous, and he has stock everything, except for a BAP. Everything else is stock, and his tune is set so the MAF does not peg. The injectors are working hard but are fine for the occasional road/weekend race. Most people on here would disagree, then again, they probably have some kind of affiliation with a vendor or possibly the vendor trying to make a quick buck off of mustang drivers. Sift through the bullsh*t on here as best as you can, and buy what is necessary for your car. Unless of course your rich, and your planning to swap out everything anyways. Thats my 2 canuck cents, cheers.

I personally take offense to that. I was the first one to try and help you. I think you just offened this whole site with that statement.

I tell you what buddy. Have fun with that car. When you blow it up let us know. There are people here who are "affiliated" with very good engine builders.

YellowCobra28

Established Member
Hey guy, didn't mean to offend you. And here I thought only women get offended. Oops did I offend you again by saying that? I apologize in advance really. I'm just giving you my opinion, you know freedom of speech. I've read your post, and you have all the right in the world to feel that way and to say what you had to say. I know many good, honest guys on here, and they have done just fine with that setup. Its all in the tune. Even if you had a pegged MAF, a good tune can take care of it, without needing a bigger MAF or extender. Its a fact, its been done many times over. So get over it already.

YellowCobra28

Established Member
Big_Torch said:
I cant believe someone would actually treat there car like this and then on top of it, accuse people here of working with vendors to steal a buck from mustang owners?

PLEASE!

good luck with your car, seriously, your spinning the blower way harder than it needs to without a port. your not getting anymore power, hell why not put a 2.76 and 8# lower on w/o maf and bap?

you need to realize you need a maf with your mods, you need to DATALOG your fuel pump duty cycle, and not just "assume" its ok.

seriously good luck when you blow your motor, no cooling mods, no port, no fuel or maf mods and now your going to spray it? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

youve obviously read into this b/c your not stupid, you just need to accept this, either do it right or dont do it at all. please datalog your car, get a a/f check and see where you stand, a few hundred bucks is a lot better than having to shell out thousands b/c you torched your block. btw I have ZERO affiliation with any vendor and have bought from many. I refuse to buy from a vendor who wont spend 10 mins and bs with me on the phone.

I have bought from fordsvtparts, sct, lethal, lfp, spoken with injected racing, sambandit, vt, etc etc etc. call around talk to some people before you go to far.

flame on

I'm not getting any more power with my 2.93 and 4 lower, unported? Your kidding right?? The power difference is huge bro. You don't know what your talking about. Then you tell me why don't I put a 2.76 and an 8 lower with no maf/BAP? Now thats just plain nuts. A good tune(canned tune worked for me) is the only upgrade I did for my set up and it now works great. I want to get a BAP, because this will allow me to run past 560 or so HP comfortably(I'm aiming for 580 to 595HP). I can give you the name of buddy that did the same set up as me, with a compucar nitrous kit, making 563RWHP with no BAP, stock fuel injectors and stock MAF. He is on this site. Leo is his name, look at his setup. He will be installing his KB super when he comes back from vacation, and spray on top of that. So in this case, he will obviously get bigger injectors, BAP comes with the kit, and a mafia extender. But he is fine on his current set up. So before you flame, read what I'm typing, and maybe you will be just a little more accurate with your information. Thanks.

P.S I'm not affiliated with any vendors, and even if I was, who cares? The point I was getting at is simply this. Some people on here are feeding you bullsh*t, some are not. You have to go with who you trust, and who you believe in. Do you think I'm going to believe someone that is insisting he is right, when a trusted friend has already proved you wrong? If peace of mind is what your looking for, then go ahead and upgrade your whole car setup for all I care, really. Come on now, tricks are for kids....

P.S.S. My stock set up is good for about 560-595rwhp. If I eventually upgrade my stock setup(injectors, MAF, etc...) so I can safely achieve more than 600RWHP, then I will be buying from Lethal performance and LFP for most of my purchases. From these vendors, I already bought a DF CF clutch, 26 spline input shaft, UPR quick release quad with firewall cable adjuster, and the BAP is on back order. Peace out, flame over.

Last edited:

acrod

Established Member
yes you can can tune around a pegged maf, but it is not the best way of doing things, but if thats the way you want to do it, to each his own. Its your car man. I wouldn't expect any sympathy from anybody though when your pistons are torched.

YellowCobra28

Established Member
acrod said:
yes you can can tune around a pegged maf, but it is not the best way of doing things, but if thats the way you want to do it, to each his own. Its your car man. I wouldn't expect any sympathy from anybody though when your pistons are torched.

Finally someone that knows what he is typing about. Then you mentioned the torched pistons, and ruined your credibility. The LDC cooling mod has arrived, but I'm waiting to fry my stock clutch, then do the input shaft and the whole 9 nine at that point. Heat exchanger/HP radiator/intercooler resevoir are on my list of to do's. So don't get your panties in a bunch just yet. Have faith brother, have faith.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread