what thermostat???

snakebite72

Established Member
hey guys, can anyone guide me in the right direction, i just got a scan gauge and found out that my coolant temps are as follows.... 190-198 with AC off and 210-220 with the AC on and down here in south florida the weather doesn't help, i saw a 170 somewhere on ebay or if you have a better one let me know.
Thanks.

snakebite72

Established Member
Nice!! thanks guys, will this one need any drilling ?? i assume the fans need to be adjusted right??

Jefe

Established Member
Best Tstat on the market. You wont regret it

TVSCobra

Established Member
No drilling and yes reset the fan settings.I`m at 176*low and 182*high.

With those fan setting your low speed fan setting will always been on when the car warms up. I recommend 186 low and 194-198 high setting with that thermostat, living in GA on a high 90 degree day my cruise temps are 182 at the highest.

Reische Performance has the best thermostats for our cars.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
I just ordered one!! Any install advice?
I broke one of my bolts on the housing so I drained the entire system, drilled out the bolt holes and bought new bolts and nuts instead of threaded ones and put it back together.

If youre lucky you can do it all in a few minutes. Best bet is to get a big bucket under the housing, undo one bolt and leave the tubing on, undo the next and get the tstat out of the housing and save the rubber o-ring, pop the new one in, o-ring on top of it, then close it up. Should be able to save quite a bit of fluid that way while leaving all 4 hoses on.

Get the front end of the car up in the air if it isn't already(air moves to the top), fill up the crossover tube until you're at the full line in the overflow tank, close the tank, fill crossover until full and close it up, start the car, crank the heat up and let it run till your gauge reaches normal temps then shut if off. Check in the morning and top off the overflow tank. Might be all you have to do. If not you will have to put a funnel in the crossover and run the car while there's still fluid in the funnel and watch air bubbles come out. Then repeat the above

Last edited:

svt2ner

Established Member
I rather the fan always be on, I set fan speed what reische recommended. Fan is cheap to replace compared to other things.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I rather the fan always be on, I set fan speed what reische recommended. Fan is cheap to replace compared to other things.
Yeah until the fan fails and your car overheats do to the failed fan. You don't want to fan running all the time while you are cruising do the highway. Let the air flow over the radiator and condenser do the work for you.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^Yeah,but the fan runs all the time when the a/c is on.My a/c is on almost constant most of the year!

svt2ner

Established Member
When the fan fails you will know trust me, because youre going to be pulling over within secs. Some will never have an issue but quite a few have had them break including me.

TVSCobra

Established Member
^^^Yeah,but the fan runs all the time when the a/c is on.My a/c is on almost constant most of the year!

true to a point, but I would still raise the settings. The fan isn't "always on" if the a/c is on.

Last edited:

TVSCobra

Established Member
When the fan fails you will know trust me, because youre going to be pulling over within secs. Some will never have an issue but quite a few have had them break including me.

If the fan failed at 60+mph you may not noticed it that quick.

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Hey fellas i live in NJ and the winters get pretty cold hear. Would my terminator warm up properly?? Plus will I be able to drive the car in the winter due to the 170* thermostat?

svt2ner

Established Member
If the fan failed at 60+mph you may not noticed it that quick.

Even at 100 youre going to notice, theres a distinct sound of fan blades tapping that is easily heard. Even then youre not going to over heat quickly enough to be of a problem. The ones having problems are driving the piss out of their cars and probably need other methods of cooling or have other issues like improper coolant fill procedure etc.

Hey fellas i live in NJ and the winters get pretty cold hear. Would my terminator warm up properly?? Plus will I be able to drive the car in the winter due to the 170* thermostat?
Youll want to go back to the stock tstat in cold climate.

Users who are viewing this thread