What throttle body do you run on your cobra?

What throttle body is on your 03-04 Cobra?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Dragon :burnout:
DSCN2417.jpg

DSCN2414.jpg

DSC02574.jpg

Wow, the dragon is huge compared to the stocker. Do the dragon throttle bodys have idle issues?

GodStang

Established Member
Wow, the dragon is huge compared to the stocker. Do the dragon throttle bodys have idle issues?

No. Of the baby Throttle bodies Dragon is by far the best and if you get it ported by Posi it is even better.

If the OP is truly looking for what setup to go with for the TVS than hands down without a doubt have it setup to run the Dragon.

My96z

Established Member
Godstang,

Can you run that twin 75mm on the KB twin plenum?

I am running a BBK Twin 65mm.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Have had stock, BF, ported Dragon, and currently Accufab because of the Whipple. If it was a straight bolt-on, I would have had the Dragon still, though, as I liked it the best. I have to say, though, the Accufab is not half bad once you get it dialed in right.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
No. Of the baby Throttle bodies Dragon is by far the best and if you get it ported by Posi it is even better.

If the OP is truly looking for what setup to go with for the TVS than hands down without a doubt have it setup to run the Dragon.

Good to know. Thanks

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just got done working on the design of the inlet elbow/plenum of the VMP TVS. It will utilize a design that is similar to stock, for easy fuel rail and spark plug access. It will use an O-ring at the blower mating surface rather than a gasket.

We will be offering an elbow that fits the stock TB and stock style TBs like the BBK.

We'll also be offering an elbow for the single blade Accufab style TBs that use a slot at the top for the idle air valve. I believe this should cover billetflow and LFP as well.

I can't leave the dragon out since so many of you have them, it uses a unique design with an idle air bypass on the bottom of the TB, not in the elbow. I will be offering yet a 3rd elbow that has no idle air mount on it and a large oval opening to match the dragon perfectly.

I'm not stopping there either, these are just the 3 base elbow/throttle body options for guys that want to get into a VMP TVS using existing parts to keep costs down.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Patience....

possibly the best news I've heard in a while. I guess I'll hold off on getting a 2.6" custom made pulley for my whipple because it will be for sale the day you release the EGR equipped TVS as I'll be ordering mine that day, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread