What to do...cars been the same too long

spleen04

Tooty Fn Fruity
Established Member
I have not really done much in regards to upgrades/mods to my 04 Cobra in a while. Car has had the same mods for almost the entire time I have owned it since 04. (2.80 pulley, mid pipe, cat-back, K&N, heat ex-changer, rear brace, etc). Been trying to decide whats next.

I have been looking into porting the blower but was not sure what the gains would be as its always recommended to go with a larger pulley then what i have. Anyone have some feedback?

Ideas? Looking to make some more power but not necessarily looking to swap blower all together yet.

greenflash00

Established Member
You can keep the same pulley you have now with a ported blower. In fact a lot of guys will add a 4lb lower to it. One of the most popular combos is a 2.93 upper and 4lb lower. You could probably expect to see between 510-530rwhp with that from what I've seen.

Honestly though, if you're going to pull the blower off to do that why not just save up for a while and go tvs or whipple? It will totally transform the car! :rockon:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly though, if you're going to pull the blower off to do that why not just save up for a while and go tvs or whipple? It will totally transform the car! :rockon:

+1

Save up and make it an extreme whiner.

Black93Fox

Established Member
With my ported eaton, plenum and tb I put down just shy of 500 with a 2.76 upper and stock lower. There is gains to be had if you want to keep the eaton an factory looking.

oldmodman

Established Member
Don't mod the blower. Replace it.

2.3, 2.9, 3.4, 4.1 Decisions, decisions.

Or a couple of hairdryers. 1000hp is last years 600

Woody6799

Established Member
All depends on how much you want, and how much you want to spend...

I am running a steg stage 4 with a 2.93 upper, the previous owners dyno sheet showed it at 488. I am still running stock injectors and a stock MAF... although I am pretty sure my 39#'s are maxed or close too so I am going to be making the move to 60#'s.

I would look into Johnny Lighting porting, word is he does a great job. Or buy a used ported and save some money!

Users who are viewing this thread