What to do first, tint windows or order cdc light bar

fr03cobra

Established Member
showletter3lb_th.jpg

fr03cobra

Established Member
i want to lower mine but got that big ass 3inch exhaust, might drag the ground. it's a toss up i hate the sun in my eyes so i did the tint first.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
in my opinion , Tints are a waste of money on Verts.....since when the top is down all the windows are down anyways. At least that's how I drive.......

Precisely how I feel. I only drive in nice weather. Therefore the top is always down. Window tint to me at this point has not made sense.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
In addition, do the light bar yourself. I wouldn't call it hard, just precise. Took me a long snowy day where all I could do was drink beer. Might as well be productive...

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
In addition, do the light bar yourself. I wouldn't call it hard, just precise. Took me a long snowy day where all I could do was drink beer. Might as well be productive...

I would love to do it myself but Murphy's law is always with me, I think when I get to the electrical part or drilling the holes I will definitely mess something up

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Precisely how I feel. I only drive in nice weather. Therefore the top is always down. Window tint to me at this point has not made sense.

I'm thinking more so for night driving when the sun is setting, nice having that stealth look

Ferocious

Established Member
How's the weather up there? Living in San Diego this isn't even a question. You will burn alive in your black interior without tint (assuming the car will at sometime sit in a parking lot/driveway). However I'm sure canada must be much nicer. Light bar would probably be your best bet. Also, tint seems really expensive up there. I got all my windows tinted for $150 with lifetime warranty. I also got my light bar used for the same price lol.

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
How's the weather up there? Living in San Diego this isn't even a question. You will burn alive in your black interior without tint (assuming the car will at sometime sit in a parking lot/driveway). However I'm sure canada must be much nicer. Light bar would probably be your best bet. Also, tint seems really expensive up there. I got all my windows tinted for $150 with lifetime warranty. I also got my light bar used for the same price lol.

The week was beautiful in Calgary, unfortunately there's rain in the forecast for the next 4-5 days:( so much for taking her out on the weekend.) $150 hey, if I could get the light bar and tint for that price each I'd get both done this year. They seem to like to rape us here on tint prices

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I kind of like the non-light bar look....hell for $399 it'd be worth ordering up a roll and practicing til you got it right. Here in TN standard rate is $150-$200

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
I kind of like the non-light bar look....hell for $399 it'd be worth ordering up a roll and practicing til you got it right. Here in TN standard rate is $150-$200

Probably be cheaper if I drove to Tennessee and tinted them there then drove back lol!

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Alright, found a place that will do all 5 windows plus tax for 329

They said they could also do the light bar
Charge 120/hour for electronics and stated it should take no more then 2 hours.

Light bar - approx. 450. (Includes shipping) + 240 (max install) ~$690 ... Hmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread