what to do ?! need advice

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member
Ok so I sold my cobra about four months ago now:shrug: for a 07 escalade ext with almost every option and it had 49k on the clock. Well I miss my cobra more then anything and bitch about not having a sports car almost everyday! really sucks I didnt relize what I had until it was gone

I love the truck but I just dont connect with it like I did with the cobra .
and with the insurance difference it only costs me 20$ more a month for the escalade then the cobra ( went from 6700 a yr to 2200 a yr) so i thouhgt it was awesome at the time. much more practical vehicle and im not nearly as anal about it as i was with my cobra lol

I owe 27k on the escalade and was wondering if you guys think it be logical to trade it in on another sports car , maybe a c6 vette or another 03/04?

do you think id even get another loan for a car considering this will be the 4th one it 2 years ?

I own a house already that I payed off my bills are just my car and utitiies and phone.

my friends say im so young ( 20 ) and should keep the truck for a few years and then get another car but in my head a few years sounds like forever

iv thought of getting a bike but my mom and gf would have a heart attack :bash:

couple ideas i have are
- getting a bike
- paying off the escalade in like 2 years n getting a sports car that wouldnt have to be my DD
- trading in the escalade for a corvette or a 03/04 cobra or soemthing fast that i can afford
- or stop caring about what i drove so much and enjoy what i have

kinda just want your opinions on what you would do? sorry if this just sounds like a rant

03snakenvtn

Established Member
The smart decision would obviously be to keep the Escalade at least until it's paid off. With that said, we car people don't always want to make the smartest decision. I sold my Cobra 8 months ago for a bmw 335. It's a phenominal vehicle overall, but it just doesn't give me the feeling that the Cobra gave me. I'm choosing to stick with the 335 for at least a couple more years because at this point in my life, it fits my situation much better. It has awd for the snow, and handles the potholes and rough pavement FAR better than my Cobra ever did. Now, if I were to suddenly move further south where awd and an automatic weren't a concern, I'd probably ditch it for another Cobra.

Cliffs:
If you wanna make the right financial decision, keep the truck.
If you absolutely can't wait and don't mind owing way more than the Cobra is worth, get the Cobra.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
how could you afford two houses but have trouble paying for an increase in car insurance? kinda seems odd

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member
how could you afford two houses but have trouble paying for an increase in car insurance? kinda seems odd

Had a settlement when I was 18 and invested it buying two houses and bought into my step dads resort.

I work for him and run his guest service department. I make decent money for my age but nothing special.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like to hear positive success stories involving young people like yourself. You sound pretty mature for your age. My son-in-law got an accident settlement at about the same age. He invested it in a small tool and die business out of his home, made some good business decisions, and today has a large, successful shop. Very nice that you bought your grandmother a home near her job.

Users who are viewing this thread