What to do what to do...

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
My friend was telling me about this 00 Mustange gt that was for sale in his town and he said I had to see it. So last night we go to the dealership to look at this car.. I was actually surprised it looks nice and is super clean... Its the only car I have debated trading the L for... Havent got to drive it gona call today to go look at it. Hopefully I can test drive it. It says "Engine/Ecxhaust upgrades" so Im wondering what that could be!

Here's some pictures, took at night with my phone so they aren't to great.. but its Red/Black... The phone makes it look orange in the lights of the truck...

08-28-08_2056-1.gif

08-28-08_2058-1.gif

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
youre gonna trade your limited number SUPERCHARGED truck (that would whoop the s*** out of that GT in a race and still be able to haul stuff) for a 2000 model Mustang GT?

put down the crack pipe son...

Last edited:

Scarpino

Established Member
My friend was telling me about this 00 Mustange gt that was for sale in his town and he said I had to see it. So last night we go to the dealership to look at this car.. I was actually surprised it looks nice and is super clean... Its the only car I have debated trading the L for... Havent got to drive it gona call today to go look at it. Hopefully I can test drive it. It says "Engine/Ecxhaust upgrades" so Im wondering what that could be!

Here's some pictures, took at night with my phone so they aren't to great.. but its Red/Black... The phone makes it look orange in the lights of the truck...

08-28-08_2056-1.gif

08-28-08_2058-1.gif

:lol: :bash:

You'll wish you would have never done it when an lightning roll's up beside you in your "new GT".......:poke:

But do what ever you want....

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
You will regret it if you trade the Lighting in for it. If anything trade if for a 03/04 cobra and nothing else. If the GT for some sleeper way was built with a blower or something maybe, but I still would stick with the Lightning. All who have sold them have come back later on.

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
Maybe if the GT had a turbo or S/C i'd think about trading the L in on it but I still doubt I would

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I have my 99SVTL and a 2002 GT 5sp that I drive to work.

Lets put it this way, I'd rather drive the truck ALL the time, but I do need to get some MPG rather than Gallons per Mile when driving to work.

Something else to consider too is depreciation. That GT will just keep dropping in value whereas the L (along with the rest of the F150 family) are quite a bit more resilient to value depreciation.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I did the opposite as well I went from a Mustang to my L as well. Like some have posted, trade for a 03-04 Cobra or Mach 1 that's it

s|ck

Established Member
Hmmmm.... I thought i saw that car for sale on these forums.

But no thanks I'd keep my L :rockon:

SVTGABE

Established Member
I wouldn't do it. I used to have a 02 GT with every single bolt-on you can imagine and i got beat by a 03 L with a 2.80 upper and catback. The next week i traded in my stang and bought a L. I've never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread