What to do with $5k

unknown0304

Established Member
i just got a 5k bonus and wanted to mod my car further and i was just wondering what you guys suggest. its a street car and im looking to make 650whp+ safely on pump gas(93)

my car has the following mods

Stage 3 port
2.7 pulley
Intake
mac c/b
o/r x pipe
BF IRS brace
H&R race springs with no isos
tinted windows
pro 5.0 shifter\

Im wanting to go whipple and i was thinking 3.4 because im going to build the motor in the fall

Thanks for the input

-will

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
i just got a 5k bonus and wanted to mod my car further and i was just wondering what you guys suggest. its a street car and im looking to make 650whp+ safely on pump gas(93)

Stage 3 port
2.7 pulley
Intake
mac c/b
o/r x pipe
BF IRS brace
tinted windows
pro 5.0 shifter

Im wanting to go whipple and i was thinking 3.4 because im going to build the motor in the fall

Thanks for the input

-will

New clutch of your choice, 26spl input shaft, flywheel, Ford GT pumps, PPRV delete, 60lb injectors, upgraded FPDM, Accufab TB, and of course the Whipple 3.4, that should do ya. Oh, and probably a wideband, fuel press, boost press gauge just to be safe, and dont forget a good tune!!

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
New clutch of your choice, 26spl input shaft, flywheel, Ford GT pumps, PPRV delete, 60lb injectors, upgraded FPDM, Accufab TB, and of course the Whipple 3.4, that should do ya. Oh, and probably a wideband, fuel press, boost press gauge just to be safe, and dont forget a good tune!!

If you can get all of that for 5k, god bless you. That's more like 7k, assuming he does everything himself.

That said, I'd do a twin screw. A 2.3 would be more than enough for your goal.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
$5k wont do much for you and your plan on a 3.4 Whipple right now. If you went w/ the 2.3 it would go a ways though. $3k for the blower, $400ish for injs, $250 for a BAP, $250 for a MAF, and the rest on a good clutch. I'm assuming you have a hand held since your car is modded.

03cobramanIII

Banned
buy a 1000 gals worth of gas now,
or buy your wife or g/f a big ring.
or give to the church,

id go with the 1st thing ,with the money left over you can buy some 55 gal drums to store the fuel in.

LOL.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Go ahead and use that money to get ready for the 3.4 Whipple. Fuel system upgrades, rear end, wheels/drag radials, and a new clutch now. Do it right in preparation of the big dog. I did pretty much everything before my Whipple and when I finally did it there weren't any hidden costs to tell my wife about. I just said I need a Whipple and a new tune. She said what else. Nothing.

Last edited:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
used twin screw, supporting mods......throw a little extra for a clutch....good jump start on a twin screw set-up....

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Go ahead and use that money to get ready for the 3.4 Whipple. Fuel system upgrades, rear end, wheels/drag radials, and a new clutch now. Do it right in preparation of the big dog. I did pretty much everything before my Whipple and when I finally did it there weren't any hidden costs to tell my wife about. I just said I need a Whipple and a new tune. She said what else. Nothing.

LOL, looks like I have a few things to learn about women. As I am in the process of buying a Whipple and I had to give my wife $2500 silence money in lieu of the TS.

rexisme

Established Member
Yep, as others have said. Prepare for the twin screw or save a couple thousand more. At the very least you need inj's, mafia,bap, heat exchanger and the whipple. But, since you obviously are building your motor and possibly going w/ the 3.4 i would spend my money on a stout fuel system and cooling mods, clutch,there are some nice used level 5's in the market as well.

90lxfox5.0

Established Member

Stage 3 port
2.7 pulley
Intake
mac c/b
o/r x pipe
BF IRS brace
tinted windows
pro 5.0 shifter

Thanks for the input

-will

twin screw all the way.Problem with the 3.4 on the little 4.6 is that you have to spin it so fast and run lots of boost to keep up with the 2.3.I would say if you want 650whp and you have 93 octane.Go 2.3 whipple at 19psi with supporting bolts and fuel system and 650 is there for you.AGain problem with the 3.4 under 22psi its a turd on a 4.6 compared to the 2.3.If your going to run race gas then by all means go 3.4.

lococobra03

Established Member
LOL, looks like I have a few things to learn about women. As I am in the process of buying a Whipple and I had to give my wife $2500 silence money in lieu of the TS.

I hate it when A $250 parts cost me $500. I got to freaking match it:shrug:
I just bought Slp 1 cat back and upr off road x pipe. Sent money order and had it shipped to the shop. That would have been a 1300 exhaust if I would have asked. Already put it on and all she said was " Your car seem alot louder." Got lucky this time:banana:

Back on subject. All the above sounds good to me. Mine ready for a twinscrew, but am currently spending that money on a fence:fm: Got keep the youngs one safe.

Users who are viewing this thread