What to do?

mtm87tx

Established Member
I am very confused on what to do. i have a 2001 lightning but are thinking about selling it for a 2003 cobra. what do you guys think? pros/cons on each. i need better gas mileage, and i know if it meant that much buy a honda but who wants to own one of those?*still a nice car, but 400hp is way cooler and 37mpg* gas wise 16 and 24 sound alot better then 13 and 16. give me your opinions. at least its still a blown ford huh?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: i think this will be me in 3 months tho- :bash:

Last edited:

Kiley_sean

Established Member
mtm87tx said:
i need better gas mileage, and i know if it meant that much buy a honda but who wants to own one of those?

:lol:

I would keep the L, but I am only saying that because I haven't even gotten mine yet! Maybe swap in a taller final drive and E-fan?

Last edited:

silverbolt19

Established Member
I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Cobra's are fast and easy to mod. You can find low milage cobra's for between 23-26k. I have done alot of research on coba forums and found that they seem to handle higher horsepower on stock blocks then our trucks. The engines do blow up and most cars have piston slap problems. It would be fun to have a manual trans, but there is just something about these trucks. I don't think I could hand over my keys for a cobra.

mtm87tx

Established Member
i love my truck, but the cobra is like a more "practical" form i guess? 4 seats, trunk, better gas mpg, i personally like to drive a manual. But the L does look friken awesome, and theres really nothing out there that even compares. esp that new dodge thing. i cant wait till they put a viper motor in a neon or caravan. that will make one sweet ride

SNKBITE

Established Member
DON'T DO IT !!!!!
I had my Lightning for almost 3 years, ran low 12's consistently, and only had 11,000 miles on it when I just had to have an 03 Cobra. Sold the Lightning and it ended up somewhere in Florida ( wish I knew who got it) and bought the Cobra. Few mods later the Cobra was running 11.60's @ 122. Got bored with the Cobra within the first year and sold it... Wish I would have never sold the Lightning...Now looking for another silver 01 Lightning with low miles to buy.
I GUARANTEE you that if you get rid of your Lightning that you too will be sorry you did so....

Users who are viewing this thread