what to expect for the 2015 mustang

o2gt

Established Member
so we already have some ideas about the new car such as the weight loss, irs, 4 cylinder turbo but what else to you expect to see? how much power from the 5.0, what are the higher level v8's going to be like etc ? i thought it would be fun to have some forum wide speculation before the intro on the 5th.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I think they would increase it to a 8.008L engine. Just because then it would be "tits". And the badge would be great.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The thread I saw yesterday with the latest images shows some promise. Better than I was expecting based on earlier renderings. Enough where my interest is stimulated. We'll know soon enough. :)

Planter

Banned
what to expect? nothing amazing, nothing that says "Oh my god I gotta have it right now, this minute and it's worth $40,000."

2013 mustang body.
fusion front end
v-8
irs

yawn...:sleeping:

same shit and a different day from Ford. :bored:

now I see why so many mustang owners are switching to C6 Z06's and ZR-1's.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
apparently the prices are all up, and most ive heard is the 2.3Turbo being higher than the V6, below the GT. which basically means itlly be 25k for a base model, 30k for a 2.3, and 35+ for a basic GT.

Well since its hard to drive that year round up here, guess no new mustang for me!

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I thought I read that the engines will be the same for 2015, no changes until at least 2016.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
what to expect? nothing amazing, nothing that says "Oh my god I gotta have it right now, this minute and it's worth $40,000."

2013 mustang body.
fusion front end
v-8
irs

yawn...:sleeping:

same shit and a different day from Ford. :bored:

now I see why so many mustang owners are switching to C6 Z06's and ZR-1's.

I agree to a point. I'm kinda stoked for a SVO possibility. And I would love IRS if they get it right this time. That being said, I'm not impressed with the front end at ALL. Ford is going too "corporate image" with that damn grille.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Well I'll give you the definitive 2015 mustang speculation review. We know that ford put some form of fusion front end on the car with derp headlights.

x545.jpg

This next illustration shows strange similarity's with other cars. By looking at the roof we can safely conclude that the new mustang will indeed be a 4 cylinder. Since it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the new mustang is really just a redesigned BR-Z with a mustang grill emblem slapped on its ass.

s9y3.jpg

Obviously the new 4 cylinder mustang won't be a turbo since the BR-Z isn't. I don't know why, but it seems to me that Toyota and Subaru have infiltrated the Ford design studio. At this time it is unclear whether or not the Ford designers are being held hostage, or have been murdered.

However a bear was caught on film stealing the old retro designs of the mustang that were ironically thrown in the trash. We do not know if the bear is responsible for bringing the retro designs back into the studio to incorporate them into the redesign of the BR-Z.

The bear remains at large.

0wbFdAh.gif

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Well, what can I say? I'm not impressed with the pics on the Ford site. I hope the overall design eventually grows on me (like the previous cars) but this one is simply not that much different from it's predecessor. I will say that I'm impressed with the interior pics though.

s550_feature_1480x700_tech_from_passenger.jpg

Last edited:

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
The new Mustang is starting to grow on me, a little. I am happy with the first half of the car, not so much the rear half.

Anybody else a little surprised that there is no info on the 2015 SVT Cobra yet?

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Well I'll give you the definitive 2015 mustang speculation review. We know that ford put some form of fusion front end on the car with derp headlights.

x545.jpg

This next illustration shows strange similarity's with other cars. By looking at the roof we can safely conclude that the new mustang will indeed be a 4 cylinder. Since it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the new mustang is really just a redesigned BR-Z with a mustang grill emblem slapped on its ass.

s9y3.jpg

Obviously the new 4 cylinder mustang won't be a turbo since the BR-Z isn't. I don't know why, but it seems to me that Toyota and Subaru have infiltrated the Ford design studio. At this time it is unclear whether or not the Ford designers are being held hostage, or have been murdered.

However a bear was caught on film stealing the old retro designs of the mustang that were ironically thrown in the trash. We do not know if the bear is responsible for bringing the retro designs back into the studio to incorporate them into the redesign of the BR-Z.

The bear remains at large.

0wbFdAh.gif

good lord why the hate for the brz?

seriously if you slap the 5.0 from a 2013 in the brz and add some decent street legal tires that car would be just as fast as a c6 vette and smoke a boss 302

SN8KBYT_1

Established Member
I like the way it looks. I like the turbo 4 for an option too, although Im a V8 Mustang guy. The looks of the new car will take time to get used to. I remember in 1994 when the new Mustang was introduced... I hated it. I loved the foxes and it was a very different car. Not to mention the horrible 4.6 that replaced the 5.0. I say I hated the 94 and the 4.6, but I own a 03 Cobra with a 4.6... The 03-04 Cobras are probably my favorite stang of all time, yep the same styling of the 94 and 4.6. I dont think Ford messed it up, but to each their own. I think it will be a huge success...

Users who are viewing this thread