What to look for in control arms? looking to avoid squeak and noise

nate714

Established Member
I'm looking to tighten up my 2014 GT to improve handling and launch traction. I'm looking into lower control arms, but many reviews mention increased noise and this is something I'd like to avoid at all cost. What brand or types or bushings should I look for or avoid?

Also, are shock braces worth looking into or are they sort of a gimmick? I have the 302 strut brace and it's a night and day difference up front. Previously hard no strut brace.

jsip

So horsepower Many torque
Established Member
Braces are great.

As for NVH there's nothing you can do. You will hear everything a lot more. From driveline noise, road noise and even bumps are more audible. I recently installed Eibach Pro Kit springs, BMR upper adjustable, their mount, lowers, relocators and panhard. All poly. I can hear the gear whine a bit more, road noise and even the transmission engagement a lot more from clutch disengagement/engagement to shifting.

None of it is "bad", just more pronounced than it was before. A little bit of creaking as I barely have 5 or so miles on the new stuff thanks to rain. Not loud enough to hear on the street or over curbs but only in my garage when bouncing it. I greased everything up good but need to hit it again after it settles.

It all depends on what you are looking to do. I love how it rides now and the increase in NVH doesn't bother me. Definitely feel more connected. There will be a trade off.

nate714

Established Member
Ok, if increased NVH is unavoidable I can deal with that if it's very minimal. Surely some brands or bushing styles must produce less noise than others right? Could adjustable pieces be set to make less noise?

If the noise was as you said and not noticed on street or curbs then that sounds fine.

BMR Tech

You want a quality LCA, that features a bushing that is engineered well, and grease fittings just in case.

We are about to release our Elastomer bushings soon, that will come in our TCA019 Poly LCA. Our TCA019 LCA are tig welded, feature zinc coated sleeves and grease fittings, and are one of the most popular LCA in the industry. As of right now, the come standard with our high durometer 95 Durometer Poly bushings - BUT, if you want to try out the Elastomers, I have some prototypes left that I could throw in the box for you to try out.

That way, you can have a 95 Durometer performance based bushing to use, and an 83 Durometer Elastomer bushing to compare.

I am very confident that you will not find an aftermarket performance enhancing LCA that will provide better NVH characteristics than our TCA019 with the Elasto bushings.

If you are interested, shoot me a call.

Happy Modding!

nate714

Established Member
You want a quality LCA, that features a bushing that is engineered well, and grease fittings just in case.

We are about to release our Elastomer bushings soon, that will come in our TCA019 Poly LCA. Our TCA019 LCA are tig welded, feature zinc coated sleeves and grease fittings, and are one of the most popular LCA in the industry. As of right now, the come standard with our high durometer 95 Durometer Poly bushings - BUT, if you want to try out the Elastomers, I have some prototypes left that I could throw in the box for you to try out.

That way, you can have a 95 Durometer performance based bushing to use, and an 83 Durometer Elastomer bushing to compare.

I am very confident that you will not find an aftermarket performance enhancing LCA that will provide better NVH characteristics than our TCA019 with the Elasto bushings.

If you are interested, shoot me a call.

Happy Modding!

any idea when the elastomer bushings will be available for retail? Would love samples, if they're a full set, but I know beggars can't be choosers haha

Users who are viewing this thread