what to pay for this car

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Sports car owners are sometimes very finicky so if they know had been modded out usually they want to pay less for the "abuse" on the car , not saying you abused it any worse than a normal owner. Unless your posting serious power and good times then you might find a hobbyist looking to pay for the numbers.

I'd say you'll be lucky to catch 26k for it. I would say its better to un mod and do a parts sale to recoup losses. It's what I did with my old evo. But its worth a try to sell if you've got the time.

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
just testing the waters. the ebay add was only $15. and I have a reserve.so no big deal.
ive thought about the return to stock idea. gonna see how this pans out first.

01GTB

Established Member
I seen kbb private party is 23k
nada says $25,700
I have about 8k in upgrades.
so 30k is feesable?

Not trying to be a dick, but you might as well have set fire to $8000 instead of putting it in a car if you were expecting to recoup even 15% of it on resale. For the most part buyers don't really care about your mods, and they can even be a hindrance. You would be far better off selling the mods and returning the car to stock for sale.

turbosha

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick, but you might as well have set fire to $8000 instead of putting it in a car if you were expecting to recoup even 15% of on resale. For the most part buyers don't really care about your mods, and they can even be a hindrance.
I agree somewhat.
I didn't plan on the 2015 to look so good to me either.
I generally build my cars to suite me , not anyone else.
I do get a lot of compliments every time I drive it. so im just seeing what someone is willing to give. if it don't look good. ill just keep it. and pick up a used 15 in about 4 years.lol

sean04

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick, but you might as well have set fire to $8000 instead of putting it in a car if you were expecting to recoup even 15% of it on resale. For the most part buyers don't really care about your mods, and they can even be a hindrance. You would be far better off selling the mods and returning the car to stock for sale.

thats a fact, you would be much better off returning the car to stock and selling it and selling the parts you pull off of it

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Your ad needs a lot of work. Not only in grammer, but tone as well.

Reads like a teenager talking to another teenager instead of a Car For Sale Ad.

Serious buyers will avoid this car. Dumbass kids will flock to you.

Oh yeah, I would expect to pay no more than 20k for such a car privately.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Mods bring the car value down, you would have better luck returning back to stock and just trading the car in on a 2015.

ExTurbo

Established Member
Mods don't add any value unless you find someone willing to pay for them, that's hard to do though. Take 4-5 grand off if you are gonna trade it in. Always de-mod before you sell or you are just wasting the money. I see it all the time as a car salesman, people trade in modded cars and expect to get extra for the mods and they get less because of them. Like I said you'd be lucky to get 23, don't expect anywhere near 30 since someone could buy a brand new one for less with rebates and discounts.

turbosha

Established Member
Your add needs a lot of work. Not only in grammer, but tone as well.

Reads like a teenager talking to another teenager instead of a Car For Sale Ad.

Serious buyers will avoid this car. Dumbass kids will flock to you.

Oh yeah, I would expect to pay no more than 20k for such a car privately.
have you seen the cars teens drive nowadays??
gtr's vettes.
I don't care who buys it.

turbosha

Established Member
Mods don't add any value unless you find someone willing to pay for them, that's hard to do though. Take 4-5 grand off if you are gonna trade it in. Always de-mod before you sell or you are just wasting the money. I see it all the time as a car salesman, people trade in modded cars and expect to get extra for the mods and they get less because of them. Like I said you'd be lucky to get 23, don't expect anywhere near 30 since someone could buy a brand new one for less with rebates and discounts.
and have a stock car.

Users who are viewing this thread