What to pay...potentially new terminator owner

TTOPCPE

Established Member
I may be finally taking the plunge into owning a 03-04 Cobra.
What is a fair price to pay for this....
2003, convertible, white, bolt on mods only, 63K miles. Not perfect, but very clean driver, clean title.
Thanks for any guidance

maple

Established Member
I may be finally taking the plunge into owning a 03-04 Cobra.
What is a fair price to pay for this....
2003, convertible, white, bolt on mods only, 63K miles. Not perfect, but very clean driver, clean title.
Thanks for any guidance
I'd say 15-18k being it's a vert. They are not nearly as desirable as coupes are.

As far as things to look for, the main one I'd look(listen) for is the head tick. Ask a million questions! Request to service records, buy the car fax, ask who tuned the car and how long ago, check where the fenders meet the rails under the hood. If the paint on the bolts are broken, ask questions as to why.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope it works out for you. If the paint is very good, the interior is very good, and there are no issues, a price closer to $18K is reasonable.

Here is some good info from my Terminator FAQs that will help you ask the right questions/check the right things.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I paid 19k for a black vert with 45k miles a while back. I know people say the coupes are more desirable, but the people who are specifically looking for a vert will pay a similar price I believe. If a vert is what you're looking for, then I'd say 18k is pretty reasonable if the car is in good condition.

I jumped on mine simply because the previous owner put a lot of quality work into the exterior, which I knew was going to save me a lot of time/money in the long run because I would have made similar mods.

slseals

Established Member
I paid $20k even for mine with 23k miles on it 2 yrs ago. I would say something around $16-17k would be in line with 63k miles and the right negotiation.

Users who are viewing this thread