What to use on seats?

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
What are you guys using on the leather part of the seats? I'm looking for stuff to clean then protect the leather. Does anyone know if the seats have a clear protectant on them like most chrysler leather interiors do?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I was always under the impression that saddle soap is the best for leather. Don't know about the insets though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe the seats are protected from the factory. I say that because the imitation suede portion resists soiling quite well. As far as the leather portion, any good leather cleaning/conditioner would work well. I use Zaino's product.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
http://www.alcantara.it/istituzionale/manutenzione_inglese.pdf

Follow that for the inserts unless yours in a anniv model then they are leather.

For the leather make sure it says its for LEATHER no silicone, If you call
http://www.topoftheline.com/ragcleanprot.html

This is a authorised suppler of conditioners for the Haartz material that our convertable tops are made of.

They actually recomended using a slight quick spray that we use on our vert tops on the driver seat where u slide your body to keep wear to a min. They say this is where the worst damage is. Other than that any Leather conditioner and cleaner works well.

I also was told out leather wasnt condition from factory like I thought also. Fig it was new and was ok. Found out not so, matter of fact its at its worst for being dry after tanning.

I did my seats so many times to find out it was exactly what that supplier said. The seat soaked up tons of the conditioner, I couldnt get it on fast enough almost, My seats the first treatmeant well numerious coats but the first time applying took over a 1/3 to half bottle of Maguires leather conditioner.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread