What type of gains should I expect

DannySE99

Established Member
I just order some parts for my car.
Last time I dynoed the car I was at 438rwhp & 398rwtq. Since then I added x-pipes with high flow cat which I'm guessing gave me another 5-10rwhp.
I just ordered BF 2.76 w/idlers and the new double pass AFCO heatexchanger... what type of power gains can I expect?
I'm thinking I should range somewhere 470s - 480s HP and about 450s - 460s lbs of torque. Let know what you guys think... my tune will be from RWTD.

Danny.

DannySE99

Established Member
20-COBRA-03 said:
If you have a half way decent tuner, 467/465 wouldn't be out of the question.

You would think I'll make more than 20rwhp but you're right... the tune is the real factor of how much of an increase potential the smaller pulley will have.

Danny.

BlackSabbath

Established Member
A 2.76, tune, catback, xpipe and CAI should be good for about 470 RWHP and 485 RWTQ depening on the weather etc on a dynojet. I made 460/481 with these same mods and stock h-pipe.

Don't worry about dyno numbers too much as they can vary. Once you get the 2.76 with a good tune you will feel it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You will likely be in the 455-465 rwhp and 470-4480 rwtq range. In cool weather conditions you'll pick up another 5-10 rwhp. And those would be numbers to be proud of IMO. The tune will be very important.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Danny....I think what everyone is politely trying to say is your current numbers are kind of hard to understand. They are very high for a stock pullied car. Your best et and mph don't seem to support those numbers. Those are the highest numbers I have ever seen on a stock pullied car. You may very well have a freak of nature on your hands, but all the suggestions given to you come from experience on a multitude of cars that are on this site.

DannySE99

Established Member
BlackSabbath Don't worry about dyno numbers too much as they can vary. Once you get the 2.76 with a good tune you will feel it.[/QUOTE said:
I know the biggest difference will be the feeling of much more torque... I can't wait.

DannySE99

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Danny....I think what everyone is politely trying to say is your current numbers are kind of hard to understand. They are very high for a stock pullied car. Your best et and mph don't seem to support those numbers. Those are the highest numbers I have ever seen on a stock pullied car. You may very well have a freak of nature on your hands, but all the suggestions given to you come from experience on a multitude of cars that are on this site.

I hear ya... but the 13.1 @ 110.5mph was before my x-pipes and tune. Plus I ran other cobras with pulleys and they will jump me because of the torque difference but once we get on that high rpm range... they don't really pull me at all. I raced one cobra coming from the track that was running 12.5's at 114-116mph and he beat me by a car to car and a half the first race and the second race we were door handle to door handle. Both races were from about 50 -130/140mph. Plus I have the dyno sheet to prove it :) . Not trying to say you are calling me a liar but I understand the curiousity if most people are making the power I am with pulleys. I, on the contrary was thinking some pullied guys were making kinda of low hp. I can say though most of you guys can definitely prove it on the track and my sorry ass hasn't hit 12's yet :mj: .

Danny.

Users who are viewing this thread