What type of oil do you use?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
scotmach said:
:bash: Fram filters can blow out. And 10w I would lean away from.

After reading the link earlier in the thread I'll be switching to a Mobile1 or Wix filter. However, I heard on a car show that conventional 5w20 oil thickens to 10w30 after about a thousand miles. That's why I went with the 10w30. I'll be switching back to 5w20 though- probably go with either AMSOIL or Royal Purple. :thumbsup:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Mobil 1 5/20w with K&N Oil filter

Change every 5K miles or so, Before it gets dirty.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Actually, Rp was tested by my tuner, same car, same day, and it gained 6 RWHP...off of oil alone. He tested the RP (gain), M1 and motorcraft. As for why change it? simple, Ford is not going to spend the extra dough on better oil, when a 'synthetic blend' is good enough. I mean, your question is like asking if full synth. is better than blend......obviously full is better, so why not change it? Dont' you want the best for your car?

was your sig hp done with synthetic and on a dynometer or mustang dyno?
I only have JLT cold air and magnapak catback and I hit 299.7 rwhp and 317.2 tq on a dynometer, I asked the tuner if he thought it would help to change to full synthetic and he said just what I thought, I may see a couple ponies. So for the money comparison its not really worth it to me besides my car is more show than a race car, If I change to a racer then I will switch but for cruising and shows I think Motorcraft oil and filter is good enough:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread