What was your first job?

CobraCallie

Banned
Folding clothes, over and over and over again. And then the people that looked down upon me cause I worked there. Also, my boss was horrible, I got paid little, and they wouldn't work around my school and cheerleading schedule.

Only nice thing was the discount.. :D

I quit that job, went to work at Armani Exchange, worked there for 5 weeks, quit that job, and then didn't work again until I got out of high school.

I'll never work retail again.

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
I went from Sears, to Macys, to a tanning salon all in one year. Wanted to kill myself. :lol1:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater
Yes, taking out the grease bins was the best. There was a special dumpstere outside for them, that thing fawking stunk bad. I would pour it in but miss it a lot of the times and shit would splash on me, horrible...

They collect that, render it, and turn it into makeup and hair products. Any bones from slaughterhouses and animal facilities are gound and processed into keratin for hair products. YUMMY!:p

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
They collect that, render it, and turn it into makeup and hair products. Any bones from slaughterhouses and animal facilities are gound and processed into keratin for hair products. YUMMY!:p

Fine with me, I don't wear makeup (only on the weekends). Nothing like rubbing recycled hamburger and fry grease all over your face.

Guy: "Dam baby, I want to eat you up"
Girl: "Why, because I look so dam cute"
Guy: "No, because you smell like a number 6 at McDonalds"

CobraCallie

Banned
Originally posted by KevinB120

Nuh uh.. not if you buy Clinique or Bare Essentials..

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Fine with me, I don't wear makeup (only on the weekends). Nothing like rubbing recycled hamburger and fry grease all over your face.

Damn!!:lol::lol::lol:

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome!!!

ssssnake

Established Member
WOW, $20 a week. Are you retiring off that yet?:p

Nope. Spent every bit of it on things like art supplies and gas for the car. Did get first pick on concert tickets though and I got my husband there. :p

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake
Nope. Spent every bit of it on things like art supplies and gas for the car. Did get first pick on concert tickets though and I got my husband there. :p

That's cool to think about. If you never took that job, you would probably have never met him. Makes you think about how such little things in life can change everything. Makes you also see that everything that happens has a purpose later on. (yes, I have no idea what I am talking about)

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
My first real job was pumping gas at a service station in the early 70s. I was making $1.65 an hour. Before that was my paper route.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
Callie is one of those hot cheerleaders!!:beer:
bs.gif

My first on-the-books job: Auto Parts store
But I've been working with my dad for years. Owns his own business.

TX Mach 1

Baby Haulin'
Established Member
1st job was at sonic drive-in. $5.15 an hour plus tips. God, fast food places are the worst to work in. I felt so dirty after leaving each night, drenched in grease and burger smell:xpl:

Nice to finally be out of retail and fast-food!

ssssnake

Established Member
That's cool to think about. If you never took that job, you would probably have never met him. Makes you think about how such little things in life can change everything. Makes you also see that everything that happens has a purpose later on. (yes, I have no idea what I am talking about)

You're absolutely right. He wasn't from there - he was just living with two friends of his (brothers) for a while. And they worked there too, so he got a job there. Ah, fate. Still have a soft spot for Foley's LOL

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I worked at a grocery store baggin groceries for 5.25 an hour. It sucked. They put me on mornings,which sucked even more,because I would get all the old people that would bitch at me for not being psychic and automaticly know that they wanted paper,in plastic,but double bagged and only 3.346 lbs per bag.

I hated that job.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My first jobs ... were mowing lawns and shoveling driveways<-----more$$$ than mowing..... no W2 though
So first job that the IRS knew about:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
Bagging and stocking shelves after school at the local grocery store...PART TIME
First FULL TIME job was.... driving the parts truck for my dad(parts manager at Reynolds Ford).....fall of 1970
4 speeding tickets in 6 months
In a fully lettered parts truck.....w/ phone #
what a genious!!!!!
Jimmy:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread