What was your last workout?

Gravik

Established Member
I figure about another month and they should start dropping off. Our gym is the same way. Luckily the treadmills and cardio equipment is on the other side of the gym. "Tones" I got a video of #545 bench the other night.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Gym i go to has a cardio room on the main floor. Has a bunch of cardio equipment, stretching mat, and a hoist circuit machine set. Upstairs is the main weight room. Which they decided to stuff more cardio equipment. But what that means is....ONLY 5 benches (4 flat, one with vertical back) in the free weight area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hostile500

Established Member
Gym i go to has a cardio room on the main floor. Has a bunch of cardio equipment, stretching mat, and a hoist circuit machine set. Upstairs is the main weight room. Which they decided to stuff more cardio equipment. But what that means is....ONLY 5 benches (4 flat, one with vertical back) in the free weight area.

Oh that sounds like way to much cardio shit and not enough free weights. They should thin out soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VegasMichael

Established Member
So what is your most impressive physical feat that you are proud of? I have two. Back in my twenties I could do 17 one-armed fingertip pushups and 15 chin-ups.

nickf2005

Established Member
So what is your most impressive physical feat that you are proud of? I have two. Back in my twenties I could do 17 one-armed fingertip pushups and 15 chin-ups.

My most impressive physical feat is that I somehow managed to sprain my MCL walking through a field littered with trash after a concert at Talladega. Took 10 minutes for the pain to make it through my alcohol soaked body. Boy, when it finally did, it was like somebody shot my leg out from underneath me.

I'm lucky that my work has a "fitness room" that was just redone as part of a building expansion. Not a ton of free-weight options, but a lot of cardio equipment and weight machines. Good for people like me who are not pulling the weight/reps that you guys are, but trying to get back/stay in shape. We have a miniature basketball court too! Good for 3v3 or 4v4.

Gravik

Established Member
30 dead hang pull ups when I was a senior in high school. Working back to it. I'm at around ~22 right now

Rct851

Established Member
Squatted 185lb for 42 consecutive reps at a body weight of 182lb..

I was reading all these methods Tom platz used for legs and some of his feats. Such as squatting 225lb for 10 minutes... times duration squatting instead of reps.

He suggested squatting your body weight for 5 sets of 2 minutes. I thought that sounded awesome. I got to the gym, warmed up, gave it my ****ing all for that first set and could damn near not walk. L O ****ing L at doing that for 5 sets.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I was reading all these methods Tom platz used for legs and some of his feats. Such as squatting 225lb for 10 minutes... times duration squatting instead of reps.
He suggested squatting your body weight for 5 sets of 2 minutes. I thought that sounded awesome. I got to the gym, warmed up, gave it my ****ing all for that first set and could damn near not walk. L O ****ing L at doing that for 5 sets.
Nice. lol
Tom Platz, a blast from the past!

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member

3e0749de063effa05dbc10ce809a0602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
todays workout consisted of crawling around on the shop floor and contorting myself while using a breaker bar on 4 jeep control arms and then torquing 8 jam nuts to 200ft/lb.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
@Screw-Rice
I watched the CT Fletcher movie, My Magnificent Obsession. Good stuff.
Dude is a beast, especially back in the day.
His comeback after the heart surgery was even more impressive. Check out his Youtube channel, CT Motivation. He needs a heart transplant, hope he gets one, sad day when he goes. I listen to his stuff when in the gym.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member

Not one big thing but several small things.

I knocked nearly 3 minutes off of my time of one of the benchmarks that we do at crossfit.
I can now do 2-3 strict pull ups
They guys at jiu jitsu have commented on how strong I am and one of them mentioned to my buddy after class that he can tell a difference in my strength now compared to when I started last year.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
His comeback after the heart surgery was even more impressive. Check out his Youtube channel, CT Motivation. He needs a heart transplant, hope he gets one, sad day when he goes. I listen to his stuff when in the gym.
Yeah, I saw that. Too bad. I hope he gets one.
Did you see the ones from 2014 when he was training the Ms. Olympia?!? She is ****ING HOT! Her body is WAY too much for me, but she has such a hot looking face and hair. Wicked cute.
She has more guts than any guy on this forum. Did you see her workouts?!? HOLY FUUUCCKKKK, she is tough. T_O_U_G_H. lol

Users who are viewing this thread