What wheels for black 01 Cobra?

KillNThrill24

Established Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, or has been posted a million times, I couldn't seem to find any decent threads on the subject.

I'm buying a black turbo 01 off a friend with no wheels. Not really a big deal to me, but now I'm stuck hitting my head against the wall trying to figure out an affordable starter wheel (meaning down the road I'll drop the coin on good wheels, but for now I just want a decent set to get rolling on this year) to go with. I have a silver GT already that has chrome wheels, looks very clean and presentable. But honestly, I'm an all black everything kinda guy. He had black race stars on it and it looked killer. I really want to retain that sinister all black look. Don't really care if its been done 5,000,000 times, there aren't many routes that haven't been taken on these cars.

What have you guys got?

Zemedici

Established Member
Get some black saleens or black 03/04 reps and be done

Or if you wanted to be different go with something crazy like a black vossen cv3

RichM1983

Established Member
18 Chrome 03 reps are hard to beat. I have a black 03 and I'm on the fence about what I want. Black with a chrome lip looks good as well.

KillNThrill24

Established Member
I'll check out some pricing on wheelreps thanks for the link man.

I will admit tho to the comment of the chrome lip, this is how it looked when he got it from my other buddy. One of the best looking cars I'd seen, and I hate bullitts...

IMG_14313791986968_zpssz5lybr1.jpg

IMG_14368498169186_zpsfewkjcmv.jpg

IMG_14423488130259_zps1gykyfgu.jpg

Sapperstang

Established Member
Anything but black wheels. That fad needs to die already because it looks like shit.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I think solid black wheels, like the Saleens you're looking at, look like shit personally. But something like FR500s or Bullitts with a polished lip, black looks real good on them!

Just remember, opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and they mostly stink.

Kartracer

Established Member
Black Saleens or 18" 03/04 Cobras in chrome or black, not sure they come in black.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
personally I would get anything but Chrome, that should have died out in the 70's...

Just remember in the end get what you want not what everyone else tells you to get

KillNThrill24

Established Member
Fake cobra. Yuck....

Lol, where do you get that impression from? The shaker? It was added a few owners ago. I assure you, it's legit

I'll be 100% honest with you tho, I'm not really a fan of it. I have an 00R hood I might throw on it for awhile and see if I like it better. If not I'll find a Terminator hood

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread